Saturday, January 20, 2018

Hudgehugs and Friendship's Sweetest Thoughts

Happy Saturday!

I thought it was high time I stepped away from the "promotions" posts and finally post some PROJECTS!

The ones I'm sharing today were the swaps I created last month that I've been DYING to share.  I love them both so much!

Check them out!

Ska-WHEEELLL!  These are also two of the three cards we created in my classes last week - the third one was the Party Panda crd I shared in a previous post
Does anything look similar on all of these cards?  How about the layout?  Yup - I wanted to do a "one layout 3 ways" theme for my class ad these were what I had come up with.  They all have a banner, a strip of solid card stock and a shape, yet they all have a different "feel" to them.  Coming up with a simple layout is one of my biggest struggles when I sit down to design a card.  This just goes to show that you don't need to reinvent the wheel every time - just have a general template in mind and tweak it as you go! 

Wanna know something funny?  THIS is the card that I used for inspiration ...
Whaaaattt?  *lol* . Yup - I started off trying to CASE this layout and it morphed into my first card ...
(???!!!) and from that card the other two developed.

Funny how the creative mind works, isn't it?  Ok a few deets on the cards, then I'm off to walk my Doodle Dog.
This one is my fave.  I could stare at it all day long!  I used the new Hedgehugs set from the 2018 Occasions catty. $26 CDN Clear; $37 CDN wood.

I used the Delightful Daisy DSP ($14.50 CDN) for the 1/2" x 4" strip and Tranquil Tide for the 1" x 4 1/4" strip, punched with the Triple Banner punch.

I ran the ScallopedOval Framelit through the Big Shot (using Very Vanilla) and THEN stamped the little dudes.  The sentiment (also from the Hedgehug set) is stamped in Old Olive.

I colored the Perfect White Accents with my Dark Crumb Cake Blends marker ($6 CDN) and popped the oval up on dimensionals.

BAM!  Done!

Next up ...
Love this one too!
The stamp set is Friendship's Sweetest Thoughts and it was one of the first sets I was drawn to in the 2018 Occasions catty.  I stamped the image in Archival Black on a 2 3/4" x 3" piece (I think ... gotta go measure it again!).

The colored strip on the left is from the free Bubbles and Fizz DSP you can get from theSale-a-brations borchure with a $60 (CDN) purchase. 

The 5" x 1" strip is Lemon Lime Twist.
The sentiment is stamped in Smoky Slate
I colored the image with my Stampin' Write Markers, shaded the grey areas with my grey watercolor pencil and colored the 3 Perfect White Accents with my Dark Calypso Coral Belnds marker.  The whole shebang is popped up on dimensionals.

Finally the third card ...
That one you can check out here


The cowboy boot card you can check out here

OK - that's it for today - Doodles is staring at me, which means it's time to get this show on the road.  Pop in again soon and have a stampy day!


Tam

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete