Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Wish List Booklets 2018

Happy Christmas Eve!

Ooooooh the waiting kills me!!  I've been "done" for days now and am TRYING to be patient waiting for tomorrow morning but it's not easy!!  It's always ME who is awake at 4:00 am trying to will the clock to move faster ... or sleep to take me away for another few hours.  Alas, every year it seems to move slower!

The annual tradition is (around 7:00 am) Craig and I get up.  I brush my hair and wipe off yesterday's make up, trying to look a *little* presentable for any photo ops that may arise, while Craig goes down, starts the coffee, turns on the tree and so on.  The girls (who we've likely had to wake now that they are 12 and 14 *lol*) wait upstairs (staring at a phone) until my Mom and Dad arrive.  Everyone gets hugs, helps bring in presents, grabs a "special" coffee and takes their place in the living room.

Stocking time!  The girls open their stocking.  Craig and I do too but, generally, there are only 2 or 3 things IN the stockings ... and really, I couldn't care less about presents as I sit, sipping my coffee and trying to savour every moment of the girls' excitement and smiling faces as the pull out candy, after knick knack, after trinket.

Presents are next.  One of the girls, usually Alicia, hands out presents, making sure everyone has one at all times.  She tends to open hers faster ... Rebecca savours hers and is slower ... and I'm always last.  I always now 90% of my gifts ahead of time (ya, 'cause I buy them then give them to Craig to wrap and give to me *lol*.  I an't help it!  I stumble across deals (which i my favorite part of "the hunt" and buy them to a) save him time b) save us money and c) to ensure I get something I want but didn't KNOW I wanted until I stumbled across it!)

Once presents are all opened (takes approximately 42 minutes for the 8 months of planning and prepping to be over - sigh) we eat!  Corned Beef hash has been the breakfast of choice for the last few years.

After brunch Mom and Dad go home (they are only 12 minutes away) - Craig cleans up, I grab another coffee and chill.

Craig preps the turkey, mom makes a veg and dessert and (eventually) I make potatoes, stuffing and more veg.  A nap often occurs while the girls are off playing with whatever treasures they got and to text friends.

Mom and Dad come back for dinner and, my 8:00 pm it's all over.  Another fabulous Christmas Day comes to and end.  I sit and reflect, smiling, full of love .... and too much pie ... so thankful for all the blessings in my life.

We may play a game or watch a show as a family ... then, after scrolling through Facebook to see all my friends' posts and happy pictures, we hit the hay.

Traditions.  We love them.

One tradition I won't let go of any time soon is the girls' Wish List Booklets.  Anyone who has been following me for a while knows I make one of these booklets every year.  It started when I first got into stamping, and, I suppose, when Alicia would have been just a year or two old.  I first saw it at one of our team get-togethers - maybe one of Tamye's Extravaganzas.  I fell in love with them and a tradition was born.

Every year the girls write out what they want for Christmas.  As the years have gone on the list gets shorter, but the price tag gets bigger!  Christmas day, after everything is over, I turn the book over and, starting at the back, I write down what they got and from whom.  I think it's a FABULOUS way to record a bit of their childhood.  It's fun to look back and look at the toys that they SO wanted to find under the tree ... and a way to capture ALLLL the gifts they were so very blessed to receive, and from whom.

Traditions.  Without them The Season just wouldn't be the same.

This is the booklet for 2018.


To make the booklet I cut 2 pieces of card stock (it used to be 3 but, as I mentioned, their list has gotten shorter so now I just use 2).

Cut the card stock into 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" pieces.  Score each piece along one side at 1"

 Use your Crop-a-dile to punch the largest hole you can.  You then need to punch the hole again, slightly to the side to make the hole a little bigger, so the jumbo eyelets will fit.  No, the eyelets aren't available any longer.  Yes, I have a stash that I have been hoarding for years and have enough to get me through many more yet.

Place the Eyelits in the holes ...
 ... and fasten with the Crop-a-dile
 You then take two MORE eyelets, turn our booklet over, place the eyelets over the holes and seal ...

 You will now have a nice, clean, finished back ...
 Decorate as desired and your done!
Here are some booklets from years-gone-by (and that are now filled in and sitting int the girls' memory boxes) ...





Thanks for popping in.  If I don't post again tomorrow I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and all the very best in the year ahead.

Have a stampy, stampy day xoxox


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Tamara, I LOVE these, all! Super cute! Thank you so much for all of your sharing!

    Wishing you and your family a jolly wonderful Merry Christmas today, too!

    Hugs and love,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I just took the time to read a little bit.... Wow, I had NO IDEA you could use one eyelet on top of another to give the hole a nice, sealed, finished look on each side! I'm surprised and have "learned something!" That's awesome, and beautiful!!! Thanks again for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete