Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Carols of Christmas Tag CASE

Happy Tuesday!

The weather is taking a turn this week.  "They" say it's going to be cooler and cooler as the week goes on.  I personally LOVE a cold, rainy, miserable day ... well, AFTER I walk Doodles, of course *lol*.

Given that today is on the cooler side I thought I'd post this project ...
Now I'm not saying it should snow quite YET .... but I do love this tag!

I can't take credit for it - I CASEd it 99% exactly from fellow demonstrator Linda Parker.  The only difference between my tag and hers is the ribbon she/I used and the framelit she/I used.

Lets start at the beginning, shall we?

I started with a 2" x .... um 4" (??) strip of the FABULOUS Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Paper ($17 Canadian).  I used the Scalloped Tag Topper on the top and the (retired) Project Life corner rounder for the bottom.  I stamped the image from the new Merry Little Label set in Versamark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I used the coordinating label Punch to punch it out. These two items are bundled for a 10% discount, at $44.50 Canadian.

Whilst Linda used the Lots of Labels Framelits to cut out a piece of gold foil to mat the stamped image, I don't HAVE them (** insert gasp of disbelief here **)  Soooooo - I had to troll through my stash and found the perfect substitute - the framelit from the retired "Chalk Talk" bundle.  Either one works just fine!

I simply adhered the stamped piece to gold foil piece and popped the whole thing up on dimensionals on the DSP tag.

I used the Gold Metallic Edge ribbon ($9.25 CDN) and a few small rhinestones to finish it off ...
Ta-da!  A super cute tag ready to go on your gift!
I've never been much of a tag person but I think my ways they are a changin'! *lol*

Thats it for today - have a stampy Tuesday!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Love your clever CASE - Thanks for the mention Tamara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inspiring me to make a tag, Linda! It's stunning!

      Delete