Thursday, August 24, 2017

Just Breathe CASE

Happy Thursday!

I've been a crafting FOOL this week, as I'm playing with every new set I have, prepping for my September 8th Holiday Catalogue Open House (aka Show and Tell!).  Whenever I prep for these events I try to make at least one sample with virtually every new set I have.  That takes a LOT of time .. but MAN do I love it.  You make think SU Demonstrators spend hours every day playing with paper and ink but, truth be told, we spend about 80% of our time at the computer and doing the "behind the scenes" stuff - marketing, planning, packaging. prepping and so on.  The actual DOING (aka the fun stuff) doesn't happen as often as we would like!  So what is a girl to do when so many samples to make but only a few weeks to do it?  Why turn to Pinterest, of course!

When I create card I generally do so with a purpose and class in mind.  I',m hi-lighting a certain technique or product ... but the card needs to be duplicatable in a class and I need to keep the cost of the card manageable.  When I create for my DISPLAYS, though, all bets are off!  I can use LOADS of layer, TONNES of embellishments and SCADS of punched out pieces.  That's exactly what this GORGEOUS card, created by Brian King, has.  Check it out ...
I LOVE this card!  Brian's original used the delicious Tip Top Taupe brown, whereas I used Sahara Sand ... and his flowers were Watermelon Wonder, whereas mine are Rose Red but the card packs the same "WOW" factor.  I just love it!  6 layers of card stock (Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla), punched out pieces (the branch and flower from Colorful Seasons) and tonnes of pearls.  The 4th layer uses the Hardwood stamp set (inked with Sahara Sand ink) and the top layer is popped up on dimensionals.

Gorgeous.

Is this one that I will mass produce?  Never.  Is it one I will make a few of for very special friends who need a BIG long distance hug?  You bet.

No point in re-inventing the wheel.  A fab card is a fab card ... and I have lots more fab cards to share with you over the next week or two ... CASEd from other very talented designers.  Pop in again soon so check those out.  In the meantime ... have a stampy day!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than a hobby that makes you happy. Well, it's always nice if that hobby makes you money too.

    ReplyDelete