Sunday, June 18, 2017

Bright Wishes and Crafting Forever

Happy Sunday!

... and Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!

Craig is sleeping in and, once I finish this post, I'll walk Doodle Dog so I can get back and start making brunch.  Our Dads are coming over so we can pamper them with food, coffee and *maybe* a rematch of some Crib.  We seriously are so blessed to be able to call these men our dads.  Two of the very best men around :)

So today I am FINALLY sharing a card I made quite a few weeks ago ... I just never got around to sharing it.  It uses the new set Bright Wishes ...
I love this card!  I hemmed and hawwwwed a lot when I first saw this set as to whether or not to get it.  I thought it really was a bit of a "one trick pony", but I just loved the image so I got it.  It's kinda like a bag of chips ... when you CRAVE the chips you might as well just HAVE the chips cause you know EVENTUALLY you're gunna.  Right?  Same thing with me and stamps.  I'll EVENTUALLY get it so let's just buy it now and get it out of our system ... and it's calorie free! *lol*

For this one I simply silver embossed the image, matted the layer on Basic Grey card stock and colored the flowers with my Real Red and Wild Wasabi markers.  I popped up sentiment and some bling jazz it up a bit.  I love the simplicity and the little pop of color.

I played with this set for quite a while, actually, and I have a few other totally different ideas I still have to perfect before sharing.  However!  I DO have a second one to share that I'm SUPER excited about!

I recently saw cards popping up on Pinterest using the pen from the new Crafting Forever stamp set.

When I first saw this set at On Stage back in April I was on the fence as to whether or not I would get it.  I wasn't sure I'd use it that much.  Now I need it, if only for the pen image!  Check out what I did with it ...
Hee Hee. Love it!  Now I realize it would be better if the pen was a pencil but we'll overlook that, right?

I just think I'm so clever only HALF stamping the Bright Wishes image.  PERFECT for the lazy stamper *lol*.  I used Basic Grey ink for the well.  I tried using Smoky Slate to make it a lighter, more "pencil-like" shade but to be honest the ink was too juicy and although I wouldn't say it "bled" I didn't get the crisp lines I wanted.  To fade the color out a bit I used a finger dauber to soften the edge of the ink.

I used Berry Burst ink for the sentiment (from Work of Art) and Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist markers for the pen.  Yes, I used old fashioned paper snips to cut it out.  I used the edge of my bone folder to curl the pen just a little, and only taped it down on the tip so it popped up off the page ever so slightly.  Three colored enamel dots bring in a little more color, texture and interest.  I matted it on Berry Burst (which I now realize I didn't order more of on yesterdays order!!) and popped the whole thing up on dimensionals.

I really love the final result.  Clean, quick and easy.  I have SO MANY line art sets that this would work well with.  The From the Herd set, the Peacock, lots of flowers sets ... Time to dust a few of them off and get busy!

So that's it for today.  Wishing all the dads out there a fantastic, stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment