Thursday, May 11, 2017

Nailed It for Father's Day

Happy Thursday!

It's been a lovely day of nothing-ness today ... but I'll pay for that Saturday when I'm all stressed out that I'm not prepared for my Community League Ladies Night function!  Oh well!  It was SUCH a beautiful day today it just called for an extra long walk with my furry buddy before volunteering at the Humane Society with the kids.  Such a great day!

Today I want to share with you the card I made for Father's Day ... and it is also one of the cards we are making in class this week ...
Luuuuuuuvvvvv it!

I have to give inspirational credit where credit is due!  I originally planned to make THIS card .. which is a direct CASE of the one made by Melissa Kerman over at thecraftingtreehouse  It's such a GREAT card!

Here is my version ...
So ... I STARTED with the Happy Birthday card and then realized I wanted an option for Father's Day.  All I did was change the orientation of the metal layer piece and it took off from there ...
So!  If you are anything like me you want to know how I MADE the metal layer piece.  Am I right?  If you Google "tarnished metal technique" you should come up with a lot of great youtube videos.  If that's too much trouble read on ... I have a picture tutorial for you.  You're welcome :)

Start by running Silver, Gold or Copper cards stock through any embossing folder - I used the hexagon folder with silver ...
 I then used a sponge to apply splotches of versamark to the embossed piece, sprinkled copper embossing powder over it and heat set it.
 I then repeated the process but used gold Embossing Powder ...
I then took a sponge, inked it with Archival Black ink and rubbed it all over the embossed piece.  

Finally, I buffed it with a dry paper towel (or dry baby wipe) to remove the excess black ink.  This just gets some black in to the nooks and crannies of the piece and makes it look a little more tarnished.
 Awesome, yes??

I used the Nailed It set for the rest of the card along with the Urban Underground Designer Series Paper ...

Although the "Build It" framelits are now sold out (*sniff) the Nailed It stamp set is still available ... AND IT'S ON SALE!  Only $15.75 (in Canada) for the clear mount set.  It's a great set even without the framelits.  If you want to cut out the pieces you can always do it "old school" with a pair of scissors.  The pieces aren't too fussy!
The Urban Underground paper is also sold out but even just Basic Grey would work well for this card.

That's it for today.  Maybe I'll head down to The Cave and start on my display for Saturday night ... or maybe I'll go watch one of my 49 episodes of Coronation Street .... hmmm

Whatever you get up to I hope you have a stampy night!


Tam

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful card and you made this in few time. Thanks for sharing with us. We offers different metal stamps. Visit website to order now

    ReplyDelete