Sunday, December 18, 2016

Quick, Easy, Lovely Gift!

Happy Sunday!

Just waiting for the family to wake up … and procrastinating on walking Doodles … so thought I'd post a fun project I made last week.

Looking for an inexpensive teacher gift?  Or need a hostess gift for an Open House or dinner you may be going to over the holidays?  I have the PERFECT idea for you.  Check.  It.  Out.


As always, my lighting leaves a bit to be desired but you get the idea lol.

Hit Costco and get the 3 pack of Sparkling juices.  I bought mine last month but last week they were on sale for something like $6 or $7…that's only around $2 per bottle!  I bought some originally thinking it would be a nice treat for the girls to have on Christmas Eve (at our annual living room picnic snack/appie "dinner") and again on New Year's Eve.  I then made plans for lunch with two of my favourite ladies and wanted to give them a little *something*.  These bottles were perfect!!

For the packaging I used our large gusseted bags …
.. They are 6" x 17" and you get 25 of them for $12.  They are food safe and are PERFECT for a bottle of *something* or a loaf of bread.

I made the tags to match the colour of the label on the bottle.  I was heartbroken that I no longer had any Purely Pomegranite paper or ink left from years ago… sold it off at one of my garage sales.  Oh well …. a quick scan of my supplies and I found that the Pear Pizzazz and Watermelon Wonder made a pretty close match (may have squealed a little at that point …).
I used my Cheerful Tags and Here's to Cheers products (which I got in a bundle at 10% off … note the Here's to Cheers set is retiring and only available until Jan 3rd!!!)



I stamped the sentiment in the Watermelon Wonder ink and punched it out with the 2" circle punch.  I then stamped the bottles and punched them out with the 1 1/4" punch.  I added clear Wink of Stella to the bottles and the word "Cheers".  A single rhinestone on the wine glass finished it off.

I tied a piece of white thick Bakers Twine around the next of the bottle and attached the tag to that.  For a finishing touch I added a bow of our (retired) white satin ribbon.

I love, love LOVE how this turned out and am giving it as a hostess gift to my niece who is having us all over for an Open House this afternoon.  Perfect!  I even had a friend ask if I was giving it to the teachers this year as she liked the idea so much SHE wanted to give them.  (Our kids have the same teacher so didn't want to copy if I was giving them).  A GREAT, economical gift for teachers that is a) consumable (which teachers love …) b) it's different (it's NOT another bottle of hand lotion … which they get 20 of each year) and c) it's super quick, easy, economical and key-UTE!.  See?  Never worry about ideas - I've gotcha covered!

OK - enough lounging around - the dog isn't going to walk himself so I better get moving.  Hope you have a fun, stampy day!


Tam


Here's a picture of Koda …. he's not as into Christmas cheer as I am! *lol*.  Yes … I spend a LOT of time alone.  My youngest keeps telling me "Mom … you need friends."  hee hee. 

Have a fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment