Monday, October 31, 2016

Teacher Treats Candy Candy Lane Style!

Happy Monday! … and Happy Halloween!

Took a peek at the calendar for the week and much to my delight it's pretty EMPTY!  Holy COW!  I don't even know what to DO with that information! *lol*.  As I mentioned in my post yesterday my life gets back to normal November 2nd.  I'm 2 days early - wa-hoo!  (Why November 2nd?, I hear you cry?  Today, of course, is Halloween craziness and Nov 1 is my Dad's birthday … so Nov 2nd is my happy day with no other major birthdays or events until Christmas!!)

Tune in soon to see if I manage to come up with a new design for my Dad's birthday card (that reminds me … I still haven't made a card for Alicia's 11th birthday … which was Oct 5th.  Oops.  Mom fail! *lol*)

Right.  Enough rambling!  On with a project!

Need a super quick, super cute treat for friends, co-workers or teachers?  Have no fear!  I've gotcha covered!!  Ta-da!
HOW stinkin' key-UTE is that??  I cant' take the credit for it.  I CASEd it from fellow demo (and SU Artisan) Krista Frattin.  I saw her treats and knew I HAD to make them!

All you need are the 2" x 8" cello bags we sell ...
Designer Series Paper of your choice (my favourite is the Candy Cane Lane DSP in the Holiday Catalogue …)

Ribbon of your choice … (I like the Real Red Stitched Ribbon from the Holiday Catty) ...
… and the Baker Twine Trio (holiday catty) ...
A fun stamp set for a tag (I used the Candy Cane Christmas set that I FINALLY convinced myself I *needed* and recently bought!) ...

… and a punch (2" circle punch)
You also need some treats.  I used the Hershey Nuggets you can get in the bulk section at Save-om Foods … or Bulk Barn.  They are the PERFECT size for these cello bags!

I cut the DSP into strips that were 1" wide by 3" long and applied a little snail adhesive to the strip before wrapping them around the candy.  Popped 'em in the cello bag, stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink, punched it out and tied it with the ribbon (I used my retired crop-o-dile to make the hole in the tag and attached it to the red ribbon with a little piece of gold bakers twine.

Bam!  5 minutes TOPS to make this little cutie.  Seriously.  Doesn't get any easier for a GREAT little gift that EVERYONE would like to get!

That's it for today.  Pop in again soon and have  stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment