Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Star of Light

Happy Tuesday!

No time for long rambles today … tomorrow is Alicia's birthday so I need to wrap some presents!  Before I do that I wanted to share my last card for my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack coming up on the 16th.  Check it out!
I love it … more or less … I keep moving between love it and "it just needs a little more".  Whilst I DO like me some "white space" (or vanilla space in this case lol) it just looks a LITTLE too clean to me!  I think I have to go down and revisit and embossing folder or Gorgeous Grunge splotches in a very subtle solar … just a HINT of something … we'll see.

Until then, let's review how to make the card, shall we?

I started with a Very Vanilla layer of 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" and used the Star of Light Thinlits to cut out the star.

Stampin' Up! makes Christmas card making super easy with this bundle (and you save 10% when you buy the bundle!) ...

For my card I just used the thinlits …

I then punched out the inside piece using our gold glimmer paper …
I popped the vanilla layer up on dimensionals on a Cherry Cobbler layer measuring 3 3/4" x 5".

Next up I stamped the sentiment from the Tin of Tags set ... 

… punched it out with my 1 3/4" circle punch and then punched a 2" circle from the gold glimmer paper.  To attach the two you need to use glue dots - other adhesives don't stick to the glitter very well!

I popped the sentiment up on dimensionals, added three gold sequins from the Sequin Trim roll and wa-low!  A quick, easy, sparkly card :)

Wanna see the whole batch of SAS cards we'll be making?  Here y go!

I've posted all of these cards over the last few weeks.  Scroll down through my older posts if you want the deets on those.

Off I go to wrap some presents!  Have yourself a stampy night!


Tam


4 comments:

  1. love your Cards....can't wait to see how you tweak it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I DID tweak it - wasn't sure I was gunna post it but now I will :) ... once I take a picture of it in decent light, that is!
      Thanks for commenting. Have a stampy day!

      Delete
  2. Love these, especially the doggie one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. We start cranking them out at 9:30 am tomorrow. I had a last minute cancellation so room for 1 more ;)

      Delete