Saturday, September 17, 2016

Candy Cane Cute!

Happy Saturday!

I've got about half an hour while my broccoli soup perks away so thought I'd post.  I SHOULD be cutting paper for my Stamp-a-stack tomorrow alas my feet are acting up today so I have to keep taking breaks …

Today I'm sharing two cards I made using the DELICIOUS Candy Cane Lane Designer Paper.  Seriously.  I haven't loved a DSP this much in AGES!!  ALL of the designs are great but I just couldn't WAIT to play with the gingerbread house design.  This is what I came up with ...
I LOVE it!  This is one of those cards that you CAN jazz up with every embellishment you have … or it can pretty much stand alone without ANY embellishments.  You can just grab your 2" circle punch to inch out the "short" house image, pop it up on dimensionals, stamp a sentiment and be done!  … of course that's not usually the way I roll so I DID dig out a few more toys, just for fun.

I used the Flurry of Wishes stamp set in Early Espresso for the sentiment.  I also ran a 2" strip of Whisper White card stock through the Softly Falling embossing folder, added some of the Candy Cane Lane Bakers Twine.  The final touch (which I loved!) was adding a punched heart from.  I used the same DSP sheet as the houses, just the reverse side … and used the teeny scraps from between the circles I cut out.  What crafter doesn't love using up all the little scraps????

I layered Whisper White Crumb Case and Real Red for this little cutie.






I had so much fun with that one I decided to make another one, using the tall house...
This one has a 2 1/2" circle punched out of the DSP and the house popped up on dimensionals.  I made a banner, stamped the sentiment from Holly Berry Happiness in Early Espresso and some Candy Cane Land Washi tape.  I added some gold thread to the chimney (hee hee) and then cut out one little gumdrop from the Washi Tape to add to the banner.  Key-ute!



I prefer the first card - not as "busy" in my opinion but I do love them both.  This suite of products really does make crafting easy!

I need to tend to my soup now so I'll go.  Pop in again soon - and have a stampy night!


Tam

1 comment: