Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Vertical Greeting Fun

Happy Tuesday!

Today's project is one I am SO happy with!  I used the new stamp set Vertical Greetings …
I was drawn to it right away and was one of the first sets I ordered.  Sadly, as is OFTEN the case with me, the ones I love the most are the ones I find the most difficult to work with!  This one was absolutely that kind of set!  I LOVED the samples I had seen on-line but couldn't seem to come up with anything original … and then it happened …


LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I really miss our old Color Coach as I'm TOTALLY challenged when it comes to colour coordinating things (probably why my favourite colour palette is the neutral palette!)  When I struggle with colours I (once again) turn to the catalogues.  I flip to the Designer Series Paper sections and find something I like.  The colours I used were from the By The Shore DSP - Dapper Denim, Calypso Coral and Mint Macaron.  They look great together!
I stamped the sentiment first.  I cut a 1" x 3 1/2" piece of Whisper White, inked the stamp with markers and stamped the image.

Next up I cut a piece of 2 3/4" x 3" strip and ran it through the Petal Burst embossing folder …
Next up I wanted an embellishment of some sort.  I looked around and spotted my Festive Flower Punch.  I *may* have squealed when I realized it was the PERFECT shape to compliment the stamped image.  Ok, *may* nothing - I squealed.
Naturally no card is complete in my eyes if there isn't some Wink of Stella on it … so the leaves on the stamped image and the Mint Macaron petal got a shot of that.  I popped the stamped image up on dimensionals and Wa-low!  An origin layout I love!

That's all I've got for today.  Pop in again tomorrow :)


Tam

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment