Thursday, July 21, 2016

Flourishing Phrases Fun … not ...

Happy Thursday!

I've been managing to spend a few hours a day in the Craft Cave this week so I have a few projects to share.  Yay!  I have to admit I've been struggling to create this week!  Oh, I seem to get there in the end but it's almost PAINFUL to go through the process!  I start off GREAT - I get the main image within minutes …. and then - nuthin.  I sit and stare, and fiddle and play, and punch and add and delete and say bad words.  Today's project is the perfect example.  Check it out ...
What do you think?  I'm still a little on the fence on this one.  I LOVE the flourish.  I stamped it (from Flourishing Phrases) ….
… in my Archival Black ink.  I had recently re-inked it so the pad was nice and "juicy" leaving the image quite wet.  I immediately sprinkled clear embossing powder on top and heat set it.  This is how you can get an embossed image in any colour you want - just ink it very well, then cover it with clear embossing powder.  Yes, I could have just use black embossing powder but Stampin' Up! no longer carries black (???!!!) so I did it "the hard way".  Just goes to show that even if you don't have all the tools / products needed there is usually another way to get the same (or similar) look!

Right.  So after I embossed it I coloured it.  I LOVE colouring (I always said that's why God gave me two girls - I could often be found colouring my picture after they abandoned theirs and were in bed *lol*)  I used Real Red, Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz markers.

LOVED what I had.  Two hours later I was no further ahead.  Sigh.  The above is what I ended up with.  Again, not sure I love it … but it's growing on me.

I embossed the sentiment in the same way, using a set called Floral Phrases …
I then grabbed my oval thinlits and cut the sentiment out.  I cut a second oval the same size, out of Real Red card stock and taped it in the hole.  I cut a black strip using the Flourishing Thinlits ...

… taped it down, added some black thread behind the sentiment and popped that up on dimensionals.

I GUESS it works.  Dunno.  Need to think about it a bit more, I guess.

That's it for now.  Pop in again soon - I have 3 more projects to share.  Until then, have a stampy day!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. BERNATH cigale.nathalie@wanadoo.frJuly 23, 2016 at 9:07 AM

    SUPERBE CREA /// ET LAVISITE DE TON BLOG A ETE UN DELICE /// MERCI §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

    ReplyDelete