Sunday, June 26, 2016

Teacher Note Cards

Happy Sunday!

Well today is one for the books … I think I feel rested!  Usually at 9:03 am I'm ready to take a nap!  Perhaps months (or years?) of waking every night for an hour or two has finally taken it's toll on me.  Perhaps I'm relaxed enough to NOT wake in the middle of the night.  Perhaps I've mastered not drinking anything after 6:00 pm so my bladder can sleep through the night (yes, the joys if getting older!).  Whatever the reason I slept in until almost 8:00 am two days in a row … PLUS I had a 1.5 hour sleep yesterday (I would say "nap" but I'm not sure 1.5 HOURS qualifies as a nap *lol*)

So here we are - fairly bright eyed and bushy tailed on a Sunday morning.  I kinda like it!

Today I'm sharing some Note Cards I whipped up for the teachers.  Check 'em out …

I love how they turned out!  When I made the first one I declared "Ya - super cute but life is too short to make 25 of them" and figured I would just have one for display purposes.  Then I said to myself "who are you kidding?  You KNOW you're going to make 25 of them" … and I did *lol*.

I hate to say it but I used a number of retired products for these. Sorry!  Here is the low-down ..

I used my "must have" Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes for these.  I NEVER have any less than 5 packs on hand … and every June and December I pat myself on the back for having them around as I rush to do up cards last-minute :)  They are SO economical!  20 notecards (5" x 3.5") and envelopes for $8.00!  Can't beat that deal with a STICK, as Dad would say!

I stamped the lined paper stamp in Marina Mist using one of the stamps from the newly retired Tap, Tap, Tap set.  I used the "Just a Note" stamp from Flourishing Phrases (current - woo hoo! lol) in Memento Black.  I punched an apple with the Tree Builder Punch and attached it with a glue dot.


Now for the pencil.  Credit for this little beauty goes to Stampin' Up! Artisan Mercedes Weber.  Mercedes does AMAZING work - check her out at mercedesweber.blogspot.ca whenever you need some inspiration!  I found the pencil idea there.

To make a pencil you need the (retired) Handpicked Framelits.  I'm SO sad I didn't get these when they were current.  I just bought them from a friend a few months ago and have used them on two major projects already (my Mini Cups from a few posts back and now these).

I punched out the body of the pencil using Crushed Curry card stock.  I then used the same die to cut the eraser out of Blushing Bride and the tip out of Crumb Cake.  To get the zig zag end I used the Mini Treat Bag framelit.  I then used some (retired) silver card stock to cut a 1/4" strip for the band by the eraser.  I coloured the tip of the pencil WITH a pencil for the lead.  I adhered all the pieces together using my fine tip glue pen.  Yes, it was a little fiddly but you now what?  It was Friday night - Craig was watching the hockey draft in the next room, the girls were on a video game upstairs and I had time to just relax and craft.  It ended up only taking 2 hours from start to finish … it was relaxing and fun.  Had I been TRULY pressed for time I would have come up with something faster.  I'm glad I had the time :)

Now I just have to package them up in one of our cello bags, add some ribbon and a tag and wa-low!  5 teacher gifts ready to hand out on Tuesday.  Yay me :)

I'm outta here.  Off to take Doodles for his walk and stretch out this old back of mine (aching from all the horizontal action yesterday!)

Whatever YOU get up to, I hope you have a stampy Sunday!  xoxo


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment