Monday, May 23, 2016

Swirly Bunch

Happy Monday!

Gotta love a long weekend … even if it IS raining for the fourth day straight!  I'm not complaining - I LOVE RAIN!  … and we soooooo need it!  It was such a warm winter we had very little snow … and we have had virtually no rain all spring.  The fire ban has been lifted (yay!  We can have a fire at Grade 5 camp this week … unless it's still pouring rain that is!)  I sure wish Fort McMurray was getting some of this rain - they only got about 1 mm as of yesterday.  Sigh.  Those fires are still burning :(  Hopefully today they will get more to put that beast out so the city can start to rebuild (they started last week but the 8,000 workers were evacuated AGAIN due to the thick smoke!)

Nothing on the calendar again for today …. so more Craft Cave time!  I did get down yesterday but all I managed was to put together my May Paper Pumpkin (so cute!) BUT I made a lot of progress on organizing!  Yes I have now successfully filed all my scraps of Whisper White card stock.  I know, I know "Hold me down I can't stand the exciement!!"  *lol*  Seriously - this darned 1" strips are the bane of my existence!!  They (along with all the 1 1/2", 1 1/2", 1 3/4" and 2" strips) are happily tucked away in their own zip lock bags.  ONE day I'll start using them *lol*

I DO have a projet to share, though.  Saturday night I was playing with my Swirly Bird and Swirly Scribbles bundle of toys (seriously - you gotta get them - available June 1!)  Look what I came up with this time ..
Love it!  (ya - I know - I say that about every card I make lol)

This card took quite a while to create ... it was so therapeutic!!  I wanted to find a way to use the stripey-squiggles in black.  I cut out three different pieces and played … and played … and played.  In the end I loved the simple, single squiggle on an angle.  I used "Grateful Bunch" stamped in black for the flowers (and punched out with the corresponding punch), coloured the centres with Flirty Flamingo (another new In Colour) and popped the medium and large one up on dimensionals.  The wee flower is attached with a glue dot.  The sentiment is from my other new stamp set Thoughtful Banner … another "must have" set starting June 1.

The black layer measures 5" x 3 3/4" and the white layer is 4 3/4" x 3 1/2".

That's it!  Another quick, clean "swirly" card.  Any questions?  lol

Hoping you have some fun on your long weekend … make it a stampy one!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment