Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Remarkable You is Remarkably Fabulous!

Happy Tuesday!

Yes, busy, busy day … so naturally I'm blogging instead of doing what I should be doing … like pampering my husband with coffee in bed (it's his birthday), or walking the dog, or PACKING for Disneyland tomorrow … maybe exchanging some money would be a good idea … or printing the permission letter I need Craig to sign so I can take Rebecca out of the country …

Nah … blogging is more fun :)

I went down to make Craig a birthday card yesterday.  One word.
LMAO - got a *little* distracted.  This is what I came up with …
Bahahahahaaha!  Yes, nothing says "Happy Birthday Husband" like some lilies with a sympathy sentiment lol …

My Pal Wanda came to Craft Night last month and used this "Remarkable You" set and asked "Why have we never used this set??"  (in class before).  I didn't have any good answer for her … and when I went down to play … well …
I struggled (as usual) with the finishing touch.  I'm SURE it's lovely on its own but tried LOT of different things.  I settled on some silver thread but not before trying black sequins, white perfect accents, black ribbon, black bakers twine, white bakers twine, black/macaron bakers twine, Daffodil enamel dots …. I even tried splotches using the retired Luminate ink … I think it's good as is … or even without the twine.  Just not my usual style to be SO clean and simple …

So I stamped the image from Remarkable You …

with Black Archival Ink.  The image itself is two lilies.  I stamped a third and cut it out "old school" with my paper snips and popped the third one up on dimensionals.  I coloured the stamen (?) with Daffodil Delight and then accented each flower with my Smoky slate marker.  You can't tell in the picture but I also colored each flower with my clear Wink Of Stella.  Yup - I use that s*** on everything! lol

The sentiment is from another great set "You've Got This" …

The white layer measures 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" - the black layer measure 3 3/4" x 5".  The silver thread is wrapped around the two then popped up on dimensionals.  Bam!  Done.  Kinda love it :)

Well - I guess I should get my backside in motion.  Gunna be 28 degrees again today (?!?!?!  unHEARD of for Canada May 3rd!) and Koda isn't a fan of the heat with his big fur coat.

If I'm AWOL for a few days it's because I'm living the dream in Disneyland .. but who knows - I may need to procrastinate more a little later so might have a few more projects to share.

Have yourself a stampy day Friends!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment