Sunday, March 6, 2016

Going Global for the Guys

Happy Sunday!

Up and at 'em early this morning as today is my Stamp-a-Stack.  That means stampers arriving by 9:30 am … and naturally I still ave things to do … so natural I'm procrastinating my posting *lol*

I've been dying to share this project as it's one of my all-time-new-favorite-guy-cards-EVER!  So quick, so easy and so awesome!  Lookie …
Love love LOVE it!  Funny how this one came together.  I've been doing my Research and Development for WEEKS for this card (aka Pinterest surfing lol) trying to find a card to inspire me.  Nothing blew my hair back.  When I design a :guy" card I always keep my husband in mind and try to design one that he would give a thumbs up to.  No ribbon - no bling - clean - simple.  I surfed and surfed and surfed.  I found this card at www.mypapersecret.blogspot.com and thought I could use it as a jumping off point …
Ya - I know - about the only thing the same is a) it's a card and b) it has a circle punched out on it *lol*.  That's how these things work!  I took the element I loved about the above card (the circle with the dark mat around it) and started to play.  About 15 minutes later I had my version done!  What made it so simple was he suite of products I used - Going Global set and Going Places DSP.  The World Traveller embossing folder also compliments this set but didn't make the cut this time - would have been "too much".

Here are the details -

Very Vanilla card base (5 1/2" x 4 1/4")
Stamp the world stamp (Going Global) in Black Archival Ink (on vanilla cs) - punch it out with the
2 1/2" circle punch
Cut strips from the Going Places DSP stack.  Dimensions - 1" x 5 1/2" and 1 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Dove tail the ends with your Banner Punch
Stamp the sentiment in Archival Black - punch it out with the 1 1/2" circle punch
Punch out a Basic Black Circle with the 1 3/4" circle punch
I popped the "world" up on dimensionals and then the sentiment up on one more.
I love the silver star sequin for a little interest without too much bling.  Perfect!

hmmmm - now that I think about it I never did ask Craig if it got the thumbs up … then again we always just nods, smiles and says "nice".  *lol*  He really doesn't "get" my obsession.

Right!  Guess I should go cut my chocolate bread and make some coffee!  Thanks for popping in.  Have yourself a stampy Sunday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment