Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Cup of Tea and Easter Fun!

Happy Tuesday!

The plan was to get up early (despite it being Spring Break), get my workout in and shower before taking my vehicle in for its scheduled oil change.  Alas … don't wanna!  Well, I SORT of wanna but a) Rebecca is still sleeping (so the thought of doing jumping jacks and breathing quietly doesn't sound do-able) and b) my back is angry.  I wore heels for all of 10 minutes Saturday when I went to Easter dinner at our nephew's house … guess it was long enough to annoy my body.  So instead of working out I thought I would drink coffee, use my back massager and blog.  MUCH more civilized for this time of day, right?

As always seems to be the case I was once again creating my club girls' treats the day after their orders arrived.  HATE creating in a time crunch!  I knew I had a little time to spare as there are a few back orders, some gals are away for Easter / Spring Break and/or no one is ever in a REAL rush to get their toys but I do like to deliver in a timely manner so was feeling the pressure.  I needed cute but also quick.

I was inspired by Patty Bennett's (www.pattystamps.typepad.com) double fold cards
They are fun … but I didn't want/need anything that big because I wanted to put a tea bag in the pouch … so I made my own, smaller version.

They came together so quickly!  I used the FREE Flowering Fields DSP from the Sale-a-brations brochure for the project.  I cut a strip 6" x 4" and folded it in half.  I then folded down the top front corner.

Along the bottom I simply used our handheld stapler to hold it closed.  I tied some of the (retired) In Colour ribbons from last year (tangerine Tango and Hello Honey), cut out the tea cup using the Cups and Kettles Framelit Dies, stamped the sentiment with Blackberry Bliss (sentiment is from Enjoy the Little Things), popped it up on dimensionals, added a sequin with a glue dot and Wa-Low!  Cute little package ready for a tea bag for my ladies so they can, indeed, enjoy the little things, like a cup of tea :)

Here are the items used …


So key-ute!

Since I still have some time think I'll share some Easter pics with you!  Every year my girls want to give everyone a hand-made gift (wonder where they get THAT from??).  Every year they also end up making these gifts the day before Easter.  Drives me NUTS!  I have been after them for at LEAST 4 weeks to start them as I refused to be doing it last minute yet again.  Well … they left it until the last minuted yet again … but what was GREAT was that they are now old enough to hit my Craft Cave and do it themselves!  Gone are the days when I have to a) help them decide what to make and then b) help them make it!  I was upstairs doing paperwork while they were in the Cave creating.  3 hours later they were done - a unique gift for everyone PLUS cards!  Alicia took one idea from Pinterest but the rest were originals.  Rebecca ALWAYS want it to be her own idea and I am constantly amazed at what she comes up with!  Check these out …
 Alicia made this little card - pom pons glued on and a little bunny made out of pipe cleaners.  So cute!
 I thought these were genius!  Rebecca are the big chick in the egg.  Both are plastic eggs (just happened to find 4 or 5 leftover from years gone-by!)  LOVE it!  Alicia made the little pom pom chick. Hee hee.
 Alicia made the egg.  It's a wooden egg I bought at Michael's a few years back - painted orange, green felt glued on top.  Rebecca made the jar.  She grabbed my Fringe scissors and cut strips of green paper then cut those stops into little pieces to look like grass.  A pipe cleaner inside to look like bunny ears.  LOVE!
 Rebecca also made the punch art card.  Again, all her own idea.  The girl is brilliant!  .. and what she wrote inside brought me to tears xoxo
Although they are 10 and 12 they still love the egg hunt and scavenger hunt that follows …






Of course we had to get Koda in on the fun ...

Hee hee - yes, it took 10 shots to get a good one - he wasn't impressed, despite the "smile" on his face!

So that's what I got up to last weekend.  Pop in again soon - I have 3 or 4 cards to share.  I hope you all had a blessed Easter and wish you a very stampy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment