Thursday, January 21, 2016

World Traveller CASE

Happy Thursday!

MAN do the weeks every fly by!  Today I have (6) 10 year olds coming over to make cards after school.  The Catholic Schools in Edmonton have the kids get out early every Thursday … so I figured it would be a great time to slide in a kids class.  The moms can pawn their kids off on me, Alicia is entertained for the afternoon and I get to spend a few hours with an awesome group of kids!  Oh sure, I'll be drinking vodka from the bottle by 3:31 pm I'm quite sure but what the heck … makes for a nice change from an otherwise uneventful Thursday, right?  lol

Now!  I'm SURE you're all dying to see my new hair colour.  Yes, as I mentioned, Tuesday I headed over to my favourite hairdressers house for a new do (hi Elaine - hi Alesha!)  Well … we weren't sure what we were going to end up with, trying to go silver/gray … but we gave i a shot, Elaine worked her magic and I've gotta say … I kinda love it!

Before and after …

It's kind of chameleon hair!  In certain light you can see different metallic shades - gold, silver, pewter … indoors, but at a distance, it looks more "dusty" than silver or grey … up close and indoors it looks gold and silver.  It's kinda trippy really … and I keep checking it out to see what colour it is lol.  Either way I love it … and don't think it makes me look older (phew).  Now … to work on those crows feet!

So today I'm sharing another card made with the Going Global / Going Places / World Traveller products.  It was a direct CASE from the 2016 catalogue and I love it!
Whenever you feel like making a card with a certain stamp set just head to the catalogue for great ideas.  Either copy it exactly or change it as you go.

This is Lost Lagoon and Whisper White.  I inked the embossing folder before running the card stock through with the Big Shot.  Once it was embossed I used my Wink of Stella clear to colour the raised areas that look white.  The stars are enamel shapes coloured with the gold Wink of Stella.  I made a Hello Honey banner, used my framelits for the sentiment and BAM!  Done!

I REALLY like these world products.  They also work with items from the annual catalogue - World Map, World Traveller and a few others.  It's a keeper!

Right - guess I should get on with my workout DVD and walking mutley.  I think he can tell time and once it hits 9:30 he starts giving me stink eye!

Hope your day doesn't require vodka … but if it does, raise a glass to me … and have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment