Monday, January 25, 2016

Cutlery Thanks

Happy Monday!

Ahhhh sweet Monday - how do I love thee - let me count the ways …

  • husband is at work
  • kids are at school
  • housework was completed Saturday so none to do today
  • groceries were bought  Sunday so none to buy today
  • just the cat, the dog and the sweet, sweet sound of silence …
Ahhhh Monday.  Welcome back :)

Yes, a fabulous weekend all the way around … and now it's Monday.  I cleared off most of my calendar for this week so I could spend some time doing some actually WORK.  Well … I say "work" but really, my work is crafting … which isn't really work … it's more play … so I cleared my calendar so I could PLAY today lol.  I DO need to work on some projects, some emails, some class and project ideas, and so on.  Fingers crossed I can chip away at some of the things I've wanted to work on for weeks now!  Ill get to it right after my work out … which will happen after I share the project I told you about in yesterday's post.  Ready?  Here it is …




All together now ….. " I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!!!"  Seriously.  Love love love love LOVE it!  I *may* have squealed when I sat down and approximately 4 MINUTES later was stating at this little piece of awesomeness!  Ok … so it might not blow your hair back quite as much as it does mine but I'm pretty sure I DID hear a "swoosh" from my hair.  Really!  lol

WHY do I love it so much?  Well … because it is just PERFECT for what I want it for.  Remember a few posts back I mentioned a number of ladies in my community are helping out our friend?  Her husband has cancer (well - we think now it's NOT cancer - something that looks like cancer … and is treated in the same way … but is BETTER than cancer because it can be contained … so fingers crossed and keep those prayers doing!)  ANYWAY … our friend needs more help.  Her husband IS still quite sick and now has to go to the hospital DAILY for treatments.  Suffice it to say more meals are on the way.  I wanted to give her a pack of notecards that she can give out to those who bring her meals.  I certainly don't want to ADD anything to her to-do-list but thought she could pop a wee note into the food container when she returns it to the owner … and how perfect are these little cards??

I made them using my favourite "staple" - our Notecards and Envelopes.  This things are an absolute MUST to have on hand.  I use them ALL the time for things like this … and for teacher gifts … and for new baby gifts …. They are SO economical!  You get 20 pre cut and scored bases (3 1/2" x 5" in size) and envelopes for $7.50 (Canadian)!  Can't beat that with a stick, as Dad would say lol.

I grabbed my "Have a Cuppa" designer paper and cut out an oval with my oval Framelits.  I think it was the 4th smallest one.  I then grabbed the stamp set and Framelits that I was MOST excited about when I saw the 2016 Occasions Catalogue - the "A Nice Cuppa" set and "Cups and Kettles" framleits. Note that when you buy the set and framelits together you get a 15% discount so the bundle is only $48.25.  I didn't end up using the stamp set … but the framelits … ohhhhh the framelits.  I fell in love with the kettle first … but then I spotted the cutlery.  I had no idea what I would use them for but I was certain I would find them a purpose.  I think I nailed it!  Cutlery to thank people for the gift of the meal. Perfect.

I punched the cutlery out using the precision plate (I've decided that yes, this item is well worth the money and I recommend it) using Basic Grey card stock.  The sentiment was made using a piece of Whisper White measuring 3/4" x 3 1/2" and then using the Triple Banner Punch to make the flag ends. That punch sure does cut a lot off the thin strips!  Look at the picture - it started off the same width as the card base and that little piece is all that was left after punching it lol.

The sentiment was stamped in basic grey using the Rose Wonder stamp set.  Perfect font, perfect size.  Love.  I popped the sentiment up on 2 dimensionals and added a single rhinestone to the spoon for the finishing touch.

Freaking Love it.

Here are the stamp sets / framelits / DSP I used …


So that's it for today.  I'm off to "work" ;)  Whatever YOU get up to I hope you have a stampy day :)


Tam

3 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Tamara... And definitely perfect for the intended gift...what a lovely idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amanda. I seriously love them!
      Thanks for commenting - have a stampy day :)

      Delete
  2. I adore these Tamara! Congratulations! This project is one of my most popular pins this week and is being highlighted on my blog today. Thanks for sharing. Kylie xx

    ReplyDelete