Sunday, November 15, 2015

Wonderland "Depth Technique" CASE

Happy Sunday!

Phew!  Yes, yesterday was an AWESOME day … but long and exhausting.  Looking forward to my Sweetlegs Leggings, my comfy chair, a few cups of coffee and time to take in all of the information and events of yesterday.  MAN it was a great day!

Today I'm sharing a CASE from the fabulous Patty Bennett over at Patty's Stamping Spot.  Here are the cards that inspired me ..
… and here is my CASE ..
Such an awesome card … and the one I used for Technique Class this month.  I'm calling it the "Depth Technique" as it … well … looks like there is depth to the trees on the card.  I used the Wonderland set for everything on the card ...

I used Whisper White and Island Indigo exclusively.  Patty gives a great video tutorial on making this card but in a nutshell …


  • Start with your base and layers (Indigo is 5" x 3 3/4" and white is 4 3/4" x 3 1/2".
  • Take a post-it note and tear it to form what looks like hills (this is actually hidden by my ribbon).  Make sure the sticky part of the post-it note is at the top so the mask still sticks to the layer, blocking the white layer from the next step … which is ...
  • Take a stampin' sponge and from left to right swipe the entire base with Island Indigo ink
  • Ink the trees in Island Indigo and stamp your layer once, twice, three times WITHOUT reining in between stamping.  Each time you stamp the image will be lighter than the one before.  Stamp the trees at various heights.  This will give the appearance of depth to your scene. 
  • Repeat the previous step.
  • Ink and stamp the sentiment
  • Embellish as desired.
I used some 1/4" white ribbon and some of the retired snowflake sequins and rhinestones to finish it off.  A great, easy, WOW card.  Thanks to Patty for sharing it with us.

That's it for today.  Off for more coffee.  Have a stampy day!


Tam


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Linda :) A great card is a great card - thanks to Patty Bennett for sharing with us!

      Delete