Monday, October 26, 2015

Joyful Treats!

Happy Monday!

Again :)

Didn't plan to craft this morning but that's what happened!  Alicia came down with a cold yesterday and I thought I'd let her sleep in - she is definitely under slept!  I think it was the right call …she slept until 10:50 am!!

While I don't like having a poorly poppet I DO like having an excuse to spend two hours quietly crafting to start my day!

I needed treats for my Club Gals this month.  I had a few ideas flying around but settled on these little cuties ...

Aren't they "Totes Adorbs"?  lol - I'm so hip, aren't I?  Down with the lingo of the tweens!  lol.

I LOVE these little packages!  When I was in my Craft Cave the other day I tried to get to my desk.  As usual it was a total pig pen in there and my shoulder knocked something off the shelf as I tried to squeeze by.  What fell were these cute little polka dot bags.  The are PERFECT for gift giving - especially CHRISTMAS gift giving!  You get 10 in a pack for $5.  Can't beat that with a stick, as Dad would say!

I popped some treats inside (some tea and biscuits - thank you once again Costco!) and taped them shut with some Washi Tape.  The gold tape is from the Winter Wonderland tape that is in the 2015 Holiday Catalogue and the black is from the Everyday Chic tape that is in the main catalogue.  I then proceeded to make the tag.  I used the Wonderland DSP (Holiday Catty), Basic Black and Gold Foil as follows:

6" x 1" - black
5" x 1 1/2" - DSP
4 1/4" x 2" - gold

Each strip was punched with the Banner Punch to make the dove-tail bottom.  I cranked out "Joy" using my Wondrous Wreath Framelits and my Fine Tip Glue Pen (on back order until November 15th *sigh*) to attach it.  It took me 2 hours to make 15 from stat to finish but it was worth it.  a) I love how they turned out b) I got to spend 2 hours truly relaxing and c) my Gals are totally worth it!

So there you have it - an awesome treat packaging idea for you WAY ahead of schedule.  ORder up the bags so you have them on hand when just such sick-day-crafting-opportunities arise!

Have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment