Thursday, October 15, 2015

Elegant Embellished Ornaments

Happy Thursday!

Oh.  Em.  Gee. It's SUCH a beautiful day out there today.  I freaking LOVE fall!  It's not EVERY Oct 15th you can walk the dog without socks.  I'll take it as long a I can get it!

So last night I had some time on my hands (what??  When does THAT happen??  I must have been procrastinating on SOMETHING … but I can't think of what!) - anyway … *found* some time and wanted to make another Christmas Card for my upcoming Stamp-a-Stack … so off I went.  I had a few ideas in mind … but they quickly were relegated into the "nah" pile … and then THIS happened …
Right??  Do I even have to SAY it??  Yes?  ok ….. freaking LOVE it!!!  Seriously.  Black.  White.  Grey.  Bling.  Clean.  Quick.  Simple.  Awesome.  What's not to love?????

It actually took me about 45 minutes to strike on the black/white/grey.  I kept trying to make it work with a coloured big ornament. Alas, my Blackberry Bliss got gummy (long story) - my Rich Razzleberry reinker threw up all over my fingers so I got mad and grounded it from being used for a week …. and then my new favourite black sat there looking sad and lonely … kind of like a puppy blinking at me … and it had to be.  I've mentioned before how much I LOVE this dark dark dark black ink and that hasn't changed.  I ordered 3 more of them today.  Yes.  It's THAT awesome.  But I digress ….

Stamped the large ornament from Embellished Ornaments set in the Archival Black, punched out the smaller ornament in Smoky Slate using the corresponding Delicate Ornament Thinlits (if you buy them as a bundle you save 15%!), stamped the sentiment from "Jolly Christmas" in Archival Black, added 3 rhinestones to the sentiment and a string of 5 rhinestones to the grey ball (which was glued down with the Fine Tip Glue Pen) and Wa-low!  one freaking awesome card!

Oh - the black mat measures 5" x 3 3/4" and the white top layer is 4 3/4" x 3 1/2".  Kind loving that sizing lately … or did you notice?

So I think that's it for today.  I want to design one more card today … before my brother pops over for a visit (he's here from BC and leaves Saturday morning).  So off I go.  Thanks for popping in.  enjoy the beautiful weather and have a stampy afternoon!!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment