Saturday, March 21, 2015

Classic Guy Greeting

Happy Saturday!

Well hellooooo there!  No, I haven't been abducted by aliens or left the country … but yes, I have been absent from crafting for a while.  Life has been happening which means "work" has taken a back seat … as it should.

I've been more sleep deprived than usual lately (which is saying something!) and emotionally exhausted!  Oh, nothing TOO cray has happened, I've just been focused on my girls.  Alicia had a 5 days of field trips to Fort Edmonton (I helped out) and Rebecca got braces Thursday.  We found out LAST Thursday she would be getting them so there have been lots of anxieties, tears and discussions.  Everything went well and she looks just as lovely as she did 3 days ago but now we are into lots of Advil and cuddles … and no crafting.

Oh I remember when I got MY braces way back when.  It was a very traumatic day in my life (once I was an adult I didn't go to a dentist for 13 YEARS!) so Rebecca getting her braces caused a lot of anxiety in ME!   Thankfully her experience was a good one ... now we just need to manage the pain of the first week.  So that's what we've been doing for the last little while - family first :)

I DO have  old crafting projects I need to share but, as you know, it all takes time … and that has been in short supply lately so bear with me as I continue to try to find the right balance of home, family and work :)

Although I haven't been doing much new CREATING lately I have been holding classes.  One is this Sunday … my quarterly Stamp-a-Stack.  We are doing Birthday cards this round … and here is the "masculine" card we will be making:
I love this stamp set "Guy Greetings" that is in the Occasions Catalogue.  So many options for clean, quick "guy" cards.  This is simply Very Vanilla with Early Espresso layers and ink - a little Letterpress DSP and some burlap "ribbon".  Quick, easy and "Craig approved" :)

That all for today - I just wanted to pop in to let you know I'm still around and will be back next week, as life calms down.  Thanks for checking in…. until next time  have a happy Saturday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment