Sunday, February 22, 2015

Plumber Thank You

Happy Sunday!

Hope you had a relaxing day.  I did!  TOO relaxing, though.  I've actually been a little bored all weekend.  Shhhhh - don't tell!  It's not that I didn't have anything to do … more that I really didn't feel like doing it.  Yes - Teacher's Convention set up is Wednesday.  Pretty sure I'm nowhere near ready for it but *meh* … nothing to stress over … at least not YET!  hee hee

I had a lovely Friday night stamping with some new friends.  Carol and her pals came over to redeem a Ladies Night In that I had donated to the Children's Ability Fund last year.  It was a great, relaxed night with stamping, laughs and even a little wine :)

We managed to get our kitchen back together by Saturday evening.  Wanna see the finished kitchen?  OK!
Ta Da!  LOVE the granite!  … AND the extra USEABLE counter space we gained but cutting off the bar/eating ledge.  It really was just a waste of space.  The kids would eat breakfast on the bar but other than that it really just held up my fruit bowl and took away 6 inches of flat surface that could be used for meal prep.  It looks great!

We also started changing the bathroom a little.  We took down the full length mirror and replaced it with this smaller framed one:
We are planning to change the paint colour.  I love the red but after 9 years it's time for a change.  THAT should be a good time given that it is 5 COATS of red!

So!  Back to Friday night.  Our friend Rod came over Friday afternoon to get a start on hooking up our new bathroom and kitchen sinks.  Craig is a pretty handy guy but was happy for Rod's offer to give us a hand.  Rod is a plumber (well, he's actually a supervisor now but knows his pipes!) whereas Craig is an electrical whiz … sure - he COULD have figured it out but having an expert on hand was very welcome!  Rod came at 2:00 pm and had 85% of it all done by the time Craig got home.  By 6:30 everything was done and MAN was Craig happy!  If it took an "expert" 4 hours he could only IMAGINE how long it would have taken HIM … and there wasn't ANY swearing involved *lol*.  It's also great to know that it was done "right".  No offence to Craig but you REALLY don't want to be getting WATER renos wrong!  His help was SO appreciated … so I naturally HAD to make him a special card …
Yay!  I don't know which I'm more thrilled about … the quick, clean, easy "guy" card or the fat that I FINALLY managed to add a watermark to the picture using my Macbook!  This could really speed up my posting abilities!  … but I digress … back to the card!

I used the new "Guy Greetings" stamp set our of the Occasions catalogue - along with my Gorgeous Grunge set (for the swipes behind) and the Sale-a-Bration set "Simply Wonderful" (yes, free with a $60 purchase).  It is all stamped in Basic Grey.  The sentiment is 1" x 2" and matted with Basic Grey as well - then popped up on dimensionals.  That's IT!  Quick and easy!  If only renos were like that!

Pop in again soon to see more projects.  I'll likely be posting rather than doing what I SHOULD be doing … prepping for Teacher's Convention.  Until then - have a stampy evening!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment