Saturday, February 28, 2015

Hello Life Frame

Happy Saturday!

I feel like I've ben hit by a truck!  SO much activity the last few days my head is spinning!  Tamye and I had SUCH a great time a Teacher's Convention!  LOTS of stampers passed through our booth - shopped our retired sets, signed up for classes, did make-and-takes and talked about all things stamping (and Project Life -ing *lol*)  As fun as it was I'm not use to standing all day, smiling all day, talking ALL day nor getting up at the crack of stupid-o-clock 2 days in a row.  Holy cow.  Thursday I got up at 5:00 am … Friday I WOKE at 3:00 am (my head was whirling from Day 1!) and got up at 5:00 am just to get on with Day 2!  I forgot how much I hate downtown rush hour driving.  Wow.  It took me 20 minutes just to et out of the Canada Place PARKING LOT!  Despite the gruelling wake up times I had a GREAT time, met some fabulous new ladies (and hopefully new friends), booked some class-room visits and *maybe* bought myself a few little treats at some of the other booths - hee hee.  I figured I deserved a little bling reward for all my hard work ;)

So!  I wanted to share the Hello Life Decor Frame I bought and put together to showcase at Convention.  Check it out!
I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!  It took me about 4 hours in total to put together.  WOuld it take the average bear" that long?  Heck no! … but you know me!  Gotta change things!  The kit that you purchase comes with Hello Honey accents - some of the frames, card stock and pompom twine are yellow.  Rebecca's room is primarily purple - with accents of black and white (zebra print) and pink.  Naturally I had to design the frame accents to coordinate with her room!

I thought Rebecca needed a visual reminder of some of her accomplishments.  As many of you know she suffers from anxiety - and she often feels she "can't" do things.  She very easily discounts her successes as "luck" or dismisses them completely while she internalizes any "failures" as personal flaws or inadequacies.  I picked out pictures of her zip-lining, horseback riding and rock wall climbing to reinforce what she can do - and HAS done!

Now - just a little tip.  SHOULD you decide to take the Hello Honey twine that comes in the kit and die it black with your Basic Black reinker the twine comes out a disgusting artichoke / army green.  Ya.  Epic fail on that one!

There are LOTS of leftover pieces from this kit that I will use on other projects.  I love that plenty are included - it ives you the freedom to change things up and crate your own piece.

For MY frame I used my own card stock for the banners and hearts - Melon Mambo and Perfect Plum. I also used my own wool to make black and white pompoms,  I used a variety of inspirational sentiments from various sets and stamped them with black ink, white craft ink and )on the horse back riding frame) I embossed the sentiment with winter white embossing powder and them coloured it pink with my Melon Mambo Belndabilties.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this project!  I have scheduled a class for Friday March 27th if you would like to make one yourself.  I will help you alter the colour scheme, if you like.  Make sure you contact me by Monday, March 9th if you would like to attend so  have time to order and receive the kits.  The class is a non-refundable $40.  If you can't attend you can come put together at any of my Craft Nights.

OK - off to walk Doodle Dog now!  Until next time - have a stampy Saturday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment