Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Butterfly Easter Treats

Oy VEY am I pooped!

Oh … Happy Tuesday! *lol*

Been working my fingers to the bone today getting ready for Teacher's Convention.  We can set up starting at 1:00 pm tomorrow so really everything has to be ready to roll tonight.  I've been printing, labelling, packing, sorting, checking and rechecking but it's been fun!  I "lost the will" around 7:30 as I was finished off my Project Life album - I got a little carried away because it was so much FUN!  … but I eventually had to "step away from the album" and move on!  I STILL want to make about 20 post-it-note holders for door prizes … but I can do that tomorrow night, after I've set up.  The kids are going for sleepovers and Craig is working late so I'll have a few hours to play.

Speaking of playing … I DID take a little break from "working" to finish off my little Easter Treats for my club gals.  Ya, I know - I don't like to spoil the surprise before they GET their order but since I kinda put it on Facebook already I thinks the cat is out of the bag on THAT one!  So … let's see it, shall we??

LOVE!  I cracked off 27 of them in just over an hour.  They really were easy to put together!  I had some little plastic bags in my stash - I can't remember if I got them at the Dollar Store or Michaels - I THINK it was Michaels … anyway - I bought a Costco size bag of the candy coated easter eggs (around $10), put 10 in each bag (I got 27 bags).  I stamped the tag using the "One Tag Fits All" set (page 28 of the Occasions catalogue) in Wisteria Wonder and punched it out with the corresponding Note Tag punch.  I then stamped "Happy Easter" using words from "Crazy About You" set (page 31 - yes, pricey but VERY worthwhile investment!) in Pear Pizzazz.  I used my Crop-a-dile to punch a hold in the tag then herded 6" of Wild Wasabi thick Bakers Twine though it and tied it around the bag.  The "WOW" factor comes from the butterfly that is made with the Butterfly Thinlits (page 26) out of Elegant Eggplant card stock.  I attached the butterfly with 2 glue dots, added a rhinestone and …….. WA-LOW!  Done!

FYI I didn't use the dryer sheets to punch out the butterflies - I used wax paper.  It was faster as I didn't have to pick the pieces off the dryer sheets … and to be honest, my cutting plates are pretty well coated with dryer sheet residue and I had not problem getting the pieces out!  I used wax paper every now and then, as the pieces started getting stuck … but only about 5 times.  I just bend the butterfly and most of the  ices fell out.  Ou sure, my Craft Cave floor looks like I had a purple confetti party but whatever - a clean craft cave is an unused craft cave, right?

OK - I really should head to bed now - need a good night sleep for tomorrow's festivities!

Pop in again soon - still lots to share!  Until then - have a stampy night!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment