Saturday, January 17, 2015

Sheltering Tree Snow-scape

Happy Saturday!

A slow, lazy start to the weekend - as it should be!  We had a late night last night - I was at a stamping party with the fabulous Wanda and her friends - TOO MUCH FUN!  Naturally I got home later than I should have - and found Rebecca still awake (Alicia was at Grandma's for a sleepover).  I think we finally hit horizontal just after midnight so we're all moving a little slower than usual.  A few more cups of coffee and we'll be off to West Edmonton Mall.  Lord, give me strength!  Yes, I promised the girls we would go to Build-a-Bear Workshop today to use the Christmas Gift Uncle and Auntie gave them.   (If I don't make it home alive please make sure my stamping supplies go to a good home! *lol*)

So!  I wanted to share one of the projects we made last night.  Ready?
Ta-Da!  Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE.  THIS.  SET??  Yes, Sheltering Tree.  You must own it.  Resistance is futile.  Just get it.  It is SO easy to make fabulous cards with the set.  This one is a case in point.  It is so quick and easy!!  It was inspired by a card made by fellow demonstrator Valerie Perlin.  Here is her card:
I loved the snow scene she created - so I CASEd it.  For my card I used a Whisper White base, and Early Espresso mat and a Smoky Slate front.  I stamped the white craft ink snow/leaves first and THEN the Espresso tree.  That way the white didn't pick up the brown, if it was still wet.  The snowy ground was made with another of the images in the Sheltering Tree set but the sentiment is from Blooming with Kindness.  That's a 'must have" set simply for this one sentiment - you need it for all your winter birthdays!  Once the stamping is done 25" of Espresso Bakers Twine is wrapped and tied.  I added some frosted sequins for a little pizzazz and really like the stark white against the rest of the card.  I DID want some shimmer but couldn't find my Vanilla Shimmer mist … and couldn't be bothered to MAKE any … and really don't like taking spray-products to someone else's house … so I left it off.

So there you have it.  A quick fabulous card.  Love it!

Guess I should rotate my backside off the couch and get this day started.  Those bears aren't going to build themselves!  Pop in again soon to see more projects.  Until then - have a stampy Saturday!


Tam

13 comments:

  1. who is the maker of the Sheltering tree please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in responding Cheryl! I didn't realize I don't get comments delivered directly to my email!
      Sheltering Tree is by Stampin' Up!

      Delete
  2. love this card. I'm going to case it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is real pretty simple but pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would make a great December or January Birthday card. Love it and it is very simple. I have this set, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda - yes, I use it for winter birthdays. One of those "must have" sets!

      Delete
  5. What did you use for the falling snow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snowflakes that come in the snake with Craft White ink

      Delete
  6. BE-utiful card. I love sheltering tree as well. What did you use for the Warmest Wishes sentiment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen - it really is a "must have" set! The sentiment is from the retired Blooming with Kindness - another one I'll never part with (just for that one sentiment alone!). Thanks for the kind words :)

      Delete
  7. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete