Friday, January 30, 2015

Blackberry Butterfly

Happy Friday!

Ack!  I'm sitting here relaxing and just remembered it's Craft Night!  Perhaps I should go set up some tables! … soon … better finish my post first!  Yup - pretty laid back today.  The 1 hour back massage I had may have something to do with that!  I booked a massage for today as my UPPER back has been giving me grief all week - ever since our Family Fun Night game of Twister.  (Note to self:  Making game suggestions of this sort after a few glasses of wine is not a good idea!).  I figured I pinched a muscled DEEP beneath my shoulder blade as sleeping on my back hurt my LUNGS!  So today I went … and I'm going again Tuesday.  I was dreading the pain she was going to inflict on me but she eased me into it because I was so messed up it would make things worse if she went to hard to fast.  Phew!  I felt a million times better afterwards.  She thinks my RIBS are actually out of whack and suggested if it didn't feel better I should go to the chiropractor to straighten things out.  Ya.  No more Twister for ME!

So, while I contemplate dinner …. and setting up for tonight I wanted to share the card I made last night.
LOVE it!!!  It's a pretty gloomy day here today so I struggled with lighting but trust me when I say in "person" this card is SO striking!  The Blackberry Bliss (yes, I seem to be using that colour for EVERY card lately!) and Dazzling Diamond cad stock against the Whisper White is SO crisp - LOVE!

Before I get into it any further, let's watch the Stampin' Up! video :)

Now if you have attended any of my classes lately you know I use the wax paper for my framelits … but this die requires a NEW trick … dryer sheets.  Yup - I just stocked up on them so I could do THIS:
Thanks Deb Valder for sharing that with us … and yes, Demonstrators all over the world are now digging out their Doily Dies *lol*

So here is my card again …

So simple!  The sentiment is in the Butterfly Basics Bundle (I wasn't convinced I liked the stamp set but the bundle is 15% off so I HAD to get it - you know I can't resist a deal …. even if it's on something I don't like!!!).  I'm actually quite glad I bought the coordinating set - I love this font and I have the feeling the other images are ones I will use over and over again.  Stay tuned for more cards using them!

This will very likely be one of the cards we make in class this week.  The only "down" side to the card is that it won't fit in a standard envelope because I placed the butterfly off the card.  I tried to keep it within the 5 1/2" x 4 1/2" boundaries but it just didn't look as good (trust me - I tried moving it 4 times before I gave up!~).  No worries - My envelope punch board will help me make a custom envelope.  It's worth the extra work to have the crd "just so".

Ok - I really should rotate my backside of this chair (disturbing the cat who is curled up in my armpit in the process!)

Pop in again soon to see more projects.  Until then, have a stampy night!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment