Friday, January 9, 2015

Big Day - by Rebecca

Happy Friday!

All systems "go" around here today.  Tonight is my Open House / Occasions Catalogue Launch / SAB Premier / Sweetlegs Party!!!!  All the new toys will be on display - nd a Sweetlegs rep will be on hand selling those FABULOUS leggings.  6:00 pm can't come soon enough for me!

Just a quick one today before I get moving.  I HAD to share the card my 11 year old daughter, Rebecca, designed for my class this week.  Ready?
Fabulous!  She did SUCH a great job!  And no …. I didn't change it … much *lol*.  The only input I had was to run the Bermuda Bay piece through the embossing folder (to give it some textured interest and coordinate with the icing on the cake) .. and I added the rhinestones … and (not seen here) I added a second banner using the Dazzling Diamonds card stock.  The rest is ALL HER!  The only stamp set used is the FREE Sale-a-bration set "Big Day".  It is free with a minimum $60 CAN purchase.  She stamped it in black Staz-on and colored it with the Bermuda By, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight markers.  (You use Staz-on rather than Memento ink so the ink doesn't bleed with the markers.  Use Staz-on with the markers, use Memento with the Blendabilities).  That's really it! Clean, simple and lovely.  I'm so impressed with what she came up with and she was THRILLED when I told her I was going to use it in my class.  it REALLY gave her a shot of confidence.

Right!  Off to set up!  I hope to see you all tonight!!  Until then - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment