Saturday, November 29, 2014

Snowflake Flip Card …. and some Snow Day Fun!

Happy Saturday!!

You'll have to forgive me if their are more typos than usual this post … it appears I a wearing my "fashionable" glasses rather than my "functional" classes this morning.  Translation - I'm wearing the pretty turquoise blue ones not my standard brown progressives … translation … I can't read that I'm tying unless I hold my laptop 4 feet away from my nose … and that's hard to do a) while typing and b) while typing with a cu of coffee in my hand *lol*.  If only the dog knew how to fetch my other pair!

Never mind - I'll just look for words underlined in red … I can see colours … then I'll squint and/or zoom in on the screen until I can find the mistake!

Wow!  What a great week I had … and I can't believe how fast it flew by!!!  Yep - I'm definitely a "bring on December" kind of gal!!

Of course Monday was non-stop with phone calls, e-mails and text messages with everyone wanting in on the great promotions running.  Combine that with trying to clean up the aftermath of the fundraiser and I was busy all day!

Tuesday and Wednesday mornings I was helping out at the girls' school Book Fair.  I just love seeing all the kids with their ziplock full of quarters buying books!  Of course my heart was sad when a few times a wee one would step up with a $14 book .. and about $1.24 in their baggie and I had to tell them they didn't have enough money :(  They always take it well though .. I tell them to bring Mom or Dad in when they show up for Demonstration of Learning (something our school does that is similar to Parent/Teacher Interviews) and have them buy it then.

Tuesday I hit Costco .. yep .. needed more eggs.  Um hm  Those eggs cost about the same as the price of a new set of winter tires by the time I was done *lol*.  On the bright side I'm JUST about done Christmas shopping!  The kids are done … I just need a few more little things for Craig … and I have an on-line order going in to Lee Valley Tools next week .. then just a few more stocking stuffers as I stumble across them.  I still need to put my little fold up photo album for mom - but that won't take long … and I need to craft with Alicia to put Dad's ornament together … but nothing too stressful for sure!

Wednesday I got caught up on paperwork, Thursday … well … THAT was an interesting day!  We had a big snow storm start Thursday and the roads were horrible so Rebecca agreed to give pottery a miss … and Craig had a retirement dinner to go to so the girls and I just got to hang out.  No dinner stress (Kraft Dinner - woo hoo!) - we just hung out.  After dinner I went to my Craft Cave ready to work on one of the many projects I have on the go.  Did I get anything done?  Craft wise - no.  BUT - three hours later I had a CLEAN CRAFT ROOM!  I don't know WHAT came over me - I just started putzing around and before I knew it I had struck carpet!  WOW did that feel great!  Now I can walk in there without a hard hat and things falling on me every time I turn around!  It was GREAT!  

Yesterday was the best day of the week!  Craig had the day off … and I had PLANNED to have Alicia play hookie from school so we could spend the day together shopping and generally hanging out.  Things changed, though, as the 30-40 cm of snow fell all day Thursday and Thursday night.  It seemed silly to have Craig get up early just to shovel the driveway so I could take Rebecca to school … so I declared Friday a Snow Day!!!  We all slept in (yes, I slept until 6:00 am!!!!) and then just hung out!  Craig was on snow removal duty - I walked Doodles (a whole 5 blocks before he wimped out on me and we had to head home) and then the girls, the dog and I played in the snow.  Oh my GOODNESS did we have fun!!!  I can't REMEMBER the last time I made a snow angel!  … well … it didn't LOOK like an angel because as I was trying to make it Koda charged me, sprayed snow all over me and stole my mitten!  Chaos ensued as the girls tried to avenge me, chasing him around the yard … but at slow speed given that the snow was up to their knees!  It was just a lot of good, clean, wet, snowy fun.  I and a ball :)  A little crafting, a little cleaning and I officially deemed today the best snow day EVER!  I'm so very, very blessed to have been given such a lovely life and the health to enjoy it.  That's the BEST Christmas present really, isn't it?

OK … so!  How about a project???  Amidst all that cleaning I did Thursday I found the card I wanted to share … so I'll stop my "Life and Times" entry and get on with it already!

Ta Da!  What a great card, yes?  It has been drooled over for the last month or two whenever anyone sees it,  I can't take credit for it - I totally CASEd it from the holiday catalogue!  … and yes, I have promised my Gals that we will make in my December class … despite it being a high-maintenance card!  It's not a HARD card, but you DO need to use the Big Shot 5 TIMES to get all the pieces for it!  I used the Snowflake Framelit Dies to create it, along with the coordinating stamp set LetterpressWinter.  This combo is only available until January 2nd so get it while you can!!  (Ooooo - you could get it with your Starter Kit promo … only $93.75 f… for only 3 more days!).   used Soft Sky for the base.  When you run your paper through the die it cuts and scores it for you - all you have to do is fold it on the score lines and you're half way done!  then comes the fiddly part.  I stamped the snowflake on wiser white and you run it through with the BIG framelit … then you turn the snowflake and run it through again.  Check out my previous video post to help make more sense of that.  Find it here.  I then used the other frame its to punch out the two snowflakes, in Basic Grey and Lost Lagoon (don't forget to use wax paper between the card stock and framelit so you can get the paper out of the die!)

I used the All is Calm Washi Tape, the sentiment from Merry Everything (in the Holiday catty … in Lost Lagoon), added a button and some twine and Wa-Low!  An awesomely awesome Christmas card!

That's it for card sharing.  Today we are hibernating for most of the day - with a wind chill making it feel like -40 degrees we're going to give skiing a swerve this week!  Mom, the kids and I are going to dinner and then the theatre to see "A Christmas Story - the musical" later tonight.  We're all looking forward to THAT!

Wow - THAT was a long post!  Hope you had a large cup of coffee and a cat to pet whilst reading it!  Speaking of coffee I think I could use another one before I get on with a whole lot more of nuthin!

Whatever you get up to this weekend I hope you have fun and make some great memories!  I know we will.  Have a super stampy day My Friends!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment