Monday, October 13, 2014

Wondrous Wreath

Happy Monday!

It's a holiday up here in Canada today - Thanksgiving.  I love this holiday.  Not only is it in the Fall, my absolute favourite season, but my brother and Sister-in-law always come to town from the Sunshine Coast, BC for a week.  That translates into lots of get-togethers, lots of food and lots of laughs.  The girls positively ADORE their "Unkey", Auntie and dog, Olive.  Yesterday the clan headed over there for moms big turkey dinner, lots of catching up, games and giggles.  A perfectly relaxing day that gave me LOTS of time for crafting!  I spent a few hours tweaking my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack cards and came up with five that I LOVE!  

First up is the LAST one I made … a quick, clean, traditional card ...
LOVE it!  I was inspired by some cards created by fellow demonstrator Debbie Currier over at www.artfeltimpressions.blogspot.com  Check out all the great projects she came up with using this set:
I was looking for a quick, easy, clean card to make using my Wondrous Wreath stamp and framelit bundle.  I found what I was looking for!  I had watched the SU video on using this set but just hadn't gotten around to inking it up … until yesterday.  Gotta say - I FREAKING LOVE IT!  Now photopolymer isn't my favourite type of stamp … especially when I use red/purple inks on them - they stain the stamp so badly!  … however, for two-step stamping they are the BOMB!  In this axe, the making of the wreath is THREE-step stamping … and the see-through photo polymer stamps are the ONLY way to go for perfect, easy placement, withOUT having to pull out your stamp-a-ma-jig.  Let's look at my little piece of loveliness again, shall we?
Ahhhh - love it … still :)

I inked up the first wreath stamp in Pistachio Pudding (have to admit I haven't used that colour much so far!)  The second stamp was inked up with Garden Green … and then the berries were done in Real Red.  I also stamped the adorable little bow in Real Red and punched it out with the coordinating framelit.  Fabulous!  All was going well until I decided to try to keep my desk tidy (there's a first for everything!), went to close the red ink pad and promptly dropped it … on my new black and WHITE leggings.  ARGH!!!!  HAD to be red, eh?  … but I digress :)

I mad a banner from a 1" x 3 1/2" strip of Whisper White and stamped the sentiment in Memento Black Ink, using the new, exclusive hostess set, Good Greetings.

It needed a *little* something else so I inked up the berry stamp again and stamped it on the banner … then added a large rhinestone to the centre of the popped up bow and 2 smaller ones to the banner, which is also popped up with dimensionals.  Quick, easy and PERFECT for my upcoming Christmas Stamp-a-Stacks and fundraisers.  This is an awesome set/bundle to own - I highly recommend it!

That's it for now but pop in again soon - I have 9 more projects to share!  (Yes, I've been a busy girl!)  Until then, have a stampy Holiday Monday if you're blessed enough to have the day off!


Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment