Monday, October 20, 2014

Ornamental Pine

Happy Monday!

Yup - doing the happy Monday dance … although this Monday will look a little different than most.  Craig has part of the day off for a doctor's appointment and there is a chance my wee one may be home sick today BUT it's still Monday … back to routine … which I love.

Despite waking at 5:00 am and actually UP at 5:32 am (stupid back of stupidness - grrr) I'm in a GREAT mood this morning.  I think I'm still high off the fun at yesterday's Stamp-a-Stack.  I seriously love getting together with women.  Sure I love crafting with them but I just love the social aspect of it.  There were two new stampers in the group yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them!  

As always, I asked the group which card was their favourite.  It was fairly unanimous.  This one was the winner:
Everyone loved how quick and easy it was to put together but they mostly loved the pattern on the ornament.  It IS fabulous!  They liked the layered aspect of the stamped images (the pine design on the base) and he colour combination - that Mellow Moss really is delicious!

Of course the stamp set used was Ornamental Pine and Christmas Bliss (photopolymer set).  For our class we actually had to use a different sentiment as I used the "Christmas Bliss" at another stations (we used the "joy" from "The Sounding Joy" retired set).  The pine was inked in Mellow Moss and then I wiped the moss off the branch and coloured it with m Chocolate Chip marker.  The sentiment is in Mellow Moss and the ornament is in Baked Brown Sugar (as is the mat) … oh and the hook is Chocolate Chip.  The whisper white mat measures 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"so there is lots of white space (totally into that right now!).  I added 3 rhinestones under the sentiment and 3 on the ornament for a little sparkle.  I love how the Baked Brown Sugar actually looks gold when paired with the Mellow Moss.  Much more economical than using the Brushed Gold card stock or Gold Foil.

So there you have it - this year's winner of the most popular Christmas card.  Pop in again soon to see some more Christmas card fun.  Until then - have a happy Monday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment