Sunday, October 26, 2014

Making Spirits Bright

Happy Sunday!

Phew - yay for Sunday …. a MUCH needed down day for me today!  Yesterday was SO much fun making freezer meals with friends.  I'm really loving getting out of the house more, socializing and doing "out of the norm" things … but it has really taken its toll on me this week!  I suppose waking t 5:00 am everyday doesn't help and yesterday I was seriously counting down the minutes until I could go to bed.  I WOULD have gone at 6:30 pm … but of course I'm at *that age* where my back on allows 8 hours maxim of being horizontal *lol*  Luckily I have about 10 projects on the go at any one time so I went to my cave and crafted until I couldn't stand it anymore and collapsed into bed.

Today I *should* take the kids shopping for winter coats.  For the first time in 11 years I am unprepared for the inevitable snow that is on the way - no winter coats and only one pair of boots.  See?  I AM relaxing more in these areas.  The *old* me always had winter sorted in July … when these things go on sale at Costco … not this year!  Of course now I have to head out with the other thousands of unprepared moms looking for things … but that's ok.  In the grand scheme of life, right?  So yes, I *should* go shopping … but I may just stay home instead and do it tomorrow.  Momma needs a home day!

So today I'm sharing a card I made at LEAST a month ago.  Here it is ...
I love this set - it's great for all year round - "Making Spirits Bright".  You can tell I designed a whole swack of my Christmas cards in one day tis year - they all have a very similar look, del and layout.  I'm loving clean, simple and sentiments in the bottom right hand corner.  For this one I ran the layer through the large circle embossing folder, stamped the image with Memento Black ink then coloured it with my Blendabilities and added a little Dazzling Diamond glitter (haven't used that stuff in for EVER!)  I added some ribbon and wash tape then popped the image up with dimensionals.  So quick and easy … and I got to colour, which always makes me happy :)

That's it for now.  The family is still sleeping so I think I'll sneak down to my cave and create something fabulous.  Yep - I love Sundays!  Enjoy yours - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment