Thursday, October 2, 2014

For All Things


Happy Thursday!

I'm procrastinating on a few things so I thought I'd post a project *lol*.  Yes, my mind works in strange, but effective (!) ways *lol*

Today I'll share a super easy little card I made for my Stamp-a-Stack a few weeks ago.  It was inspired by a card made by Brian King - one of our few male Demonstrators!  Brian does some great, clean and simple cards - it's great to check out his work - it's always basic and uncluttered.  The male mind definitely works different than the female mind in THAT regard!

S here are the cards I came up with:

Like Brian's cardI used a fall palette - Very Vanilla, Hello Honey and Baked Brown Sugar.  They look AWESOME together!  I used the "For All Things" stamp set in the Holiday Catalogue (a MUST have set!!!).  The wheat is stamped in Hello Honey, the watermark and sentiment are in Baked Brown Sugar.  My BBS ink pad was VERY juicy so before stamping on the card front I "stamped off" on a scrap piece of paper first so the image wasn't too dark.  The sentiment was stamped directly to get a bolder stamp.  I added some 7/8" cotton ribbon (just criss-crossed in the middle) and some gold sequins to the top card (I used the gold Sequin Trim and just cut the sequins off and attached them with glue dots - oh, I attached the ribbon with glue dots as well)

For the second card I used one of the AWESOME gold brads in the holiday catalogue and threaded some Gold Bakers Twine through it (using my dental floss / needle threader!).  Two glue dots attached that bad boy to the card and Wa-LOW!  A quick, quick, quick, lovely card!

Alright - enough procrastinating.  I'm off to do some stuff now.  Pop in again soon and have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment