Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Festival of Trees

Happy Tuesday!

With yesterday being a holiday Tuesday is the new Monday for me … a day to play catch-up on cleaning and paperwork.

Today I wanted to share another one of my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack cards with you.  As always - LOVE it!
This card is SO quick and easy thanks to the Festival of Trees set and punch.  Well, I SAY quick and easy but truth be told this card probably took a grand total of about 6 HOURS to actually come into being.  Yes - 6 hours.  Why so long?  Because I was fighting my creativity and trying to rush the process.  Kinda backfired in that regard, I'd say!  I TRIED to CASE a card designed by Tara Bazata.  Check this out:
Isn't it great?  This card has been HUGELY popular on Pinterest and amongst demos everywhere.  I love it … and I made it … but it wasn't mine … and I kept trying to tweak it to MAKE it mine.  I came close (I'll share that version soon!) but still didn't love it for a Stamp-a-Stack.  So I kept reworking it … and reworking it … and reworking it … and 5 1/2 hours and a WHOLE bunch of cards later I decided to scrap the whole thing and start tom scratch. this was the result … and yes, I loved it:
You can't see it very well, but the 5 1/2" x 4" Whisper White layer was embossed with the tree embossing folder from the holiday catalogue.  LOVE!  I then used Soft Sky ink to stamp a tree from the Festival of Trees set, then punched it out with the coordinating punch … and punched another tree out of plain Soft Sky card stock.  I just HAD to use the "Mingle All the Way" sentiment from the stamps et of the same name (also in the holiday catty).  I inked it up in Cherry Cobbler and punched it out with my 2" circle punch. The trees are taped down, I wrapped some White Bakers Twine around it (20" worth), popped the sentiment up on dimensionals and added 3 silver glimmer paper stars.  PERFECT!  Love everything about it, thank you very much!  The Festival of Trees set and punch are the top products being scooped up from the holiday catalogue.  Fantastic, quick and easy samples are all OVER the internet.  I love dimension on my cards and punches are SO quick and easy!!  You really can't go wrong with this bundle!

Right - I'm off - pop in again soon - and have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment