Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Prep

Happy Wednesday!

Ack!  How did I go from "WHAT are we going to do today?" to "I need to freeze time so I can get it all done on time!"??  Amazing how one little e-mail can move you from snails pace to warp speed!

A few days ago I received an e-mail from Dale Hampshire, Manager, Stampi' Up! Canada.  He was looking for project ideas for the Make n' Take tables at the upcoming Edmonton Conference.  Naturally I had to avoid doing was I SHOULD have been doing (making projects for my upcoming classes, Stamp-a-Stack and Open House!) by heading to my cave and whipping up a few centrepiece ideas.  Here is what I submitted:


I won't go into great detail on how I made them … I think the pictures are pretty self-explanatory.  I will say the pumpkin at the top is about the size of a sale bowl … and hold 200 lollipops. I coloured the clear plastic container with my Blendabilities (!!), lined it with white and green tissue paper, hot glued two of our plastic button containers together for the stem/hat, used my oval punches for the eyes and free-hand-cut the mouth.  My hot glue gun was my best friends for this project.

I sent the pictures to Dale and spent the rest of the day baking cookies with the girls and loading up the calendar with fun activities for the rest of the week.  Yesterday, whilst eating my bucket of bok choy and bean sprouts (yep - down 10 pounds in 2 weeks, thank you very much!) I got an e-mail from Dale saying he like the (3) pumpkins and would like to use them for the tables.  Sca-WHEEL!  Yay me!  He then asked if I could make a Christmas version … perhaps with Christmas trees … WELL!  That was the end of my vision for the week, as I saw it!  I have done nothing else but come up with idea after idea after idea … and can't WAIT to crack on with the creating … alas … I now have scheduled plans for/with the kids for the next 5 days … and my "crazy-busy-do-I-really-have-to-feed-the-kids-today" self is back! *lol*  So enough yammering on already … Im off to play before we head to the movies!

Pop in again 3 months from now when I have time to share all I create!  *lol*  Until then … have a stampy day!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment