Thursday, August 7, 2014

Birthday Surprise

Happy Thursday!

Today we are off to the zoo :)  Yes, the Edmonton Zoo is perhaps the lamest zoo in all of Canada but hey - it's an outing and really, how often do you GET to see a gopher up close *lol*

Today's card was so quick and easy to make I almost couldn't like it … how could something so fast actually be nice???  You decide:
Yes?  Yes!  I seem to have been in a real Blackberry Bliss kind of mood this week - can't stay away from it!! This one is Blackberry Bliss and Soft Sky.  After I finished the "Wish" card yesterday I had my finger daubers still messing up my desk (Heaven forbid I should actually clean up after myself!!)  and I remembered seeing a card made with them on Pinterest designed by Teneale Williams over at tenealewilliams.com.au (an AWESOME Australian demonstrator!!)  Check out her creation:

 Love it!

I simply grabbed the dauber, inked it once then daubed all over the card - i reined a few times but really didn't want TOO many harsh blobs. I then did the same with the Soft Sky.  The sentiment and hat are from "Birthday Surprise" - new in the catalogue this year.  I punched the hat out with my 1 3/4" circle punch (or maybe my 1 3/8" … can't remember …), wrapped some Baler's Twine around it (left over from the Paper Pumpkin kit!!) and added some gold sequins with glue dots.  It took all of about 4 minutes from start to finish!!  I really quite like it!  … and it's easy to mass produce … I'm thinking it's a great Stamp-a-Stack card!

Ok - off to start the day!  Until next time - have a stampy Thursday!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment