Thursday, July 10, 2014

Traveller Double Slider Card

Happy Thursday!

Wow - Thursday already??  When did THAT happen???  Must be summer!  Actually … I know why the days are going by so quickly - Alicia keeps sleeping 11-13 HOURS a night … getting up around 11:00 am every day.  That means we don't get "rolling" until after noon most days!  Makes for short outings before the dinner prep begins!

OK - I'll share a PICTURE of the card I am now happy with … but I don't have the instructions done yet … so you'll have to wait for that.  I just don't want you to think I've given up on card making in the last 2 months!!  So without further adeau, I give you my Double Slider card:

Love it!  I made it for my parents, who were away in Europe on a River Cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam.  I thought this would be a fun "welcome home"card.  I used lots of fun sets to make this one.  I used my "World Map" stamp for the main background, in Early espresso (on Crumb Cake cs) and also used my Open Sea set for the top-layer background.  I used Sahara sand ink to stamp the "log book" image and globe image - then Soft Suede for the compass and anchor images.  The suitcases are stamped from one of my newest sets "Traveller", stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla cs and "fussy cut" with my paper snips.  I used my new In Color sequins and silver Baker's Twine, lots of dimensionals and glue dots.  I love how it turned out.

I am teaching this card (as well as a Card-in-a-Box card) this week so I'll have a tutorial done by Friday night and will post it this weekend.  Pop in again soon to check that out.  Until then …. have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment