Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Work Of Art

Happy Tuesday!

A perfectly gloomy day here in Edmonton today … the perfect day to make some soup, do some housework and generally relax!  Today is one of those rare days where I have nothing on the calendar!!    Of course rather than try to get AHEAD of the game for once I'm enjoying a second cup of coffee and thought I'd take a few minutes to post a project for you!  I know, right?  Crazy!  *lol*

Last night I managed to steal an hour in my craft room.  I started off cleaning up from Sunday's party … but that quickly turned into a mini crafting session.  Back in April (April 30th to be exact!) I went to the new catalogue premiere and got a free stamp set called Work of Art.  Almost a month later I FINALLY got a minute to put it together and test drive it.  Oh ya - LOOOOVE it!!  Here's what I came up with:
Fun!!!  There have been SO many awesome samples using this fun new set … it's a "must have" … right up there with Gorgeous Grunge!  I couldn't resist making a fairly monochromatic card using the delicious new Blackberry Bliss In Color colour.  What pairs better with purple than gold??!!  The picture isn't a great one but it's awesome *live*!  I inked the swipe image and silly stamped it four times, so the colour got lighter each time.  I gold embossed the sentiment from …. umm …. you know … that other stamp set I love …. uh … Really Great Greetings?  Sure - let's go with that (where is that catalogue when I need it??).  The sequins are from the gold sequin ribbon/thread/rope stuff (ok … apparently brain is quite engaged yet this morning!) … I took them off the string and attached them with glue dots (been going through glue dots like Tic Tacs this week!).  I matted the top layer on a piece of the Gold Foil … and that on a piece of Blackberry Bliss.  Love it!  …now I'm craving blackberries …. think I'll hit the fridge!

Pop back tomorrow(ish) … I have more stuff to share (and apparently the time to share it!)  Until then - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment