Saturday, May 3, 2014

Watercolor Wetlands

Happy Saturday!

This is a GREAT day for a pajama day!  We've gone from 22 degrees on Wednesday to a high of FOUR today.  FOUR!!!!  WTH???  We are in no rush to pick up the girls - a slow, easy morning before the birthday boy gets to open his presents.  (Of course we can't do that without the kids!)

Guess I should go make him a card, huh?  *lol* … yep … never truly ahead of the game around here :)

Right!  Today I wanted to share a FABULOUS card that we made for Technique Class last month using the Aqua Painter.  I can't find the card that inspired me but I'm SURE it was Deana Boos over at Pink Paper Bakery (www.pinkpaperbakery.com).  If it wasn't I apologize … I was definitely inspired by a card that used a similar layout and these colours.  Here is mine:
Love it!  This card is SO great for ANY occasion!  It's also great because it only uses one stamp set - Wetlands, of course.  If you don't own this set you really MUST get it!!  SO versatile!

For this card I used a small piece of water-colour paper.  It's great quality paper but also a little pricy … I think it's $595 CAN for (5) sheets that are 6"x4" … so you generally just want to use a small piece of it unless our are making a really special card for someone.  There really is nothing to this watercoloring gig!  I used three colours of ink - Crumb Cake, Soft Sky and Marina Mist.  I squeezed the closed ink pads to transfer some ink to the inside lid.  Once I opened the ink I just picked up the colour with my Aqua Painter a scribbled the colour onto the paper.  It's that easy!  If you pick up too much ink just squeeze your Aqua painter and i will dilute it.  It really is fool proof.  Once the paper is dry (… and I'm talkin' 100% dry!) I stamped the birds in Early Espresso.  A few of my stampers didn't wait for it to dry enough so their bird images bled. as the ink is water based … you can use your heat tool to dry the paper before stamping on it.  A little piece of the Naturals 5/8" Chevron ribbon, the sentiment (in Early Espresso) and a few pearls finished it off.  SO quick, SO easy and SO nice, don't you think??

That's it for today … I'm off for another cup of coffee and a snuggle with the Birthday Boy.  Pop in again soon.  Until then, have a stampy Saturday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment