Friday, May 30, 2014

Peaceful Petals Case

Happy Friday!

The rain is supposed to be done and we are told it will be mid-20's through until Sunday - perfect!  I'm starting the weekend off by having some friends over tonight for wine, snacks and cards - were using the happenings card kits )I'll be making three teacher's gifts out of the 15 cards!).  Saturday I'm off for a pedi with my bestie … and Sunday is my New Catalogue Open House - friends are dropping in to grab their new catalogues and squeal at all the yummy new products with me!  My idea of a grey weekend!

Today I'm sharing one of the cards we made at my party last weekend. I can't take any credit for it - it's 100% CASEd from Debra Currier over at www.ARTfeltImpressions.blogspot.com.  It's a quick card that I found really striking:

What I like about it is that it is clean and simple but has interest from texture and dimension.  Perfect!  We used the Peaceful Petals stamp set, stamped in Black Staz-on.  We then coloured it using Raspberry Ripple and a blender pen, Daffodil Delight and Pistachio Pudding markers.  After using the blender pen we then used the actual Raspberry Ripple MARKER to accent the flowers.  The sentiment was stamped in Staz-on (from Delightful Dozen) and 3 minim brads were added for a little pizzazz.  Oh!  the layer, after being coloured, was run through the Big Shot and the Fancy Fan embossing folder and then popped up on dimensionals.  Quick, easy and awesome!

That's it for today!  Have a stampy Friday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment