Wednesday, May 28, 2014

2014 - 2015 In Color Colors

Happy Wednesday!

Another day of not-much-going-on-around-here … and I'm loving it!  More time to blog *lol*

I spent some time this weekend playing in my craft room. I needed to come up with my treats for the club-gal bags.  My original plan was to make a card front using the new Blendabilities markers.  They are FUN!  Alas, after colouring about 10 flowers the lightest marker went dry :(  Stampin' Up! ALWAYS makes *it* right and a new one is on it's way to me but too late for the bags … so I had to move on to Plan B.  Let me introduce you to the 2014-2015 In Color Colors instead!
Ta Da!  Let's see if I can remember the names … Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon (nice colour but weird name in my opinion!), Hello Honey, Tangelo something-or-other, and Blackerry Bliss (yummy!!!!!) … something like those, anyway!  I used a few new products on this little cute - the new small heart punch (comes in a pack of 3 punches and replaces the small heart from the 2013-2014 catalogue … looks very similar but is really a little chubbier than the old one … I like this one better!) and the new Project Life corner rounder (love it too!).

Let's take a peek at how I mass produced them, shall we?  OK!  First I cut all the layers and rounded the corners.  Next I used the "thx" framelit (from the circle flip card framelit thingy pack) to punch out the sentiment (in Balckberry Bliss).  Then I punched out all the hearts … and stuck them to my mini glue dots (this makes the actual assembly MUCH faster than doing each heart one at a time!)
Once that was done I ran each layer through my stripes embossing folder.  I put the folder with the lack SU logo facing DOWN so I got the debased image in the direction I wanted the arrows … like this:
"TAMARA!", I hear you cry … "how on earth did you get just a strip of the embossing folder to emboss??"

Well My Dear Stamper, you simply take your craft and rubber scissor and cut that embossing folder up!  Like so:
You then just fold the thin strip against the card stock and run it through your Big Shot with the other flaps "up" … that way only the thing strip embosses. Don't worry … if you ever want to emboss a full layer of paper you still can …just close all 3 pieces of the folder - good as new!  Yes, I know - I'm a genius!
I added a single rhinestone to the orange heart and Wa-low!  Done!
Let's see the final project again!
Love it :)  I ca't wait to play with all the new colors some more!

I have another 3 or 4 posts in the works so pop in again soon to check those out.  Until then, have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment