Monday, April 14, 2014

Vivid Vases CASE

Happy Monday!

How's your week starting??  Mine is going great!  Not only is it Monday …. my favourite day of the week … but it's also my 10 year Anniversary :)  Yep - 10 years ago today Craig and I got married in Jamaica … and 10 years ago today I won the "husband lottery".  I simply couldn't wish for a better life partner.  I don't know what I did to deserve the blessing that is Craig in my life but I am truly grateful and love him with all my heart.  Wanna see some wedding pics? OK!

This one cracks me up!  This is our wedding party … Grant and Linda.  Craig met Grant AT the altar!  I met Linda AFTER the wedding *lol*  Because we eloped we didn't have a Best Man or Maid of Honor.  The Sandals Resort have stand-by witnesses for weddings.  That was the plan … some Resort Employees would stand up for us.  2 hours before the wedding, though, I met Grant … in the hair salon!  I recognized a Canadian accent and we started talking.  They were from Alberta too!  High Prairie, I think it was!  ANYway!  I asked if he and his wife would like to be our wedding party.  As any good, fun-luvin' Albertan would do, he said yes!  And so it was *lol*
 Ahhh … the kiss …tis picture is still on my bathroom vanity.  I love it.


Awwww …. like it was yesterday :)

OK …. enough about that - one with a project!  Today's is another CASE.  I've said it before and I'll say it again … there is no shame in copying a card.  A great card is a great card … and when you are flat on your back for a week with no time or lucid moments to come up with an original creation why re-invent the wheel??!!  This card comes from fellow demonstrator Sandy Mathis.  I love Sandy's creations and check her blog often for inspiration.  Pop over to www.StampwithSandy.com to see her work!  Here is her card:
… and here is my CASE:
Virtually identical.  I use Daffodil Delight for the layer.  Vivid Vases is stapes in black Staz-on so the black doesn't bleed when you colour it.  You may spot that the Vivid Vases wood stamp comes with a sentiment attached to the image.  It says "you are a whole lot of wonderful".  While I like the sentiment I wanted just the image for my SAS so my stampers could apply any sentiment they wanted.  That meant inking only the image … which is fiddly and just asking for mistakes at a SAS … so I cut the sentiment off.  Since my stamp was already mounted on the wood block I had to use my exact knife to slice it and gently peel it off the block.  If you ever need to do this and can't get the stamp un-stuck just pop the whole thing in the microwave for about 10 seconds to soften the glue!  Once I got the sentiment off I simply glued it to the side of the wood block.  This really expands the use of the stamp … now I can use just the image on a card or I can use just the sentiment … double duty :)

I coloured the flowers with Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, MArina Mist and Old Olive markers.  I shaded the sides of the vases using Pool Party ink and a blender pen.  I attached a button with a glue dot and a little bow of Pear Pizzazz Bakers Twine (I pre-made the bow and attached it with another glue dot).  The sentiment was from Cycle Celebration, stamped with my new Basic Black Classic Ink.  YES, you read right … not Staz-on, but black ink!  At long last the black ink is smudge-free and JET BLACK!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Good thing I now have 3 of them … I love it that much!!!

That's it for today … I think I'll go send My Love a mushy e-mail.  Pop in again soon … until then, have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment