Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Time Paper Shoe!

Happy Sunday!

Well, it's not quite flip-flop weather up her in Edmonton but I saw geese last week ... and a baby mouse ... so it MUST be spring ... and spring means it's White Shoe and Pretty Toes Season - woo hoo!  That's what I was thinking when I designed my latest paper shoe project for my friend's private class on Friday.  I love these shoes - and I'm not even a shoe fanatic!  Check out my latest:

Love it!!!
 
The shoe itself is made with good old Whisper White card stock - the showe liner is made using the Fresh Prints designer paper stack in the mini catalogue.  The flower is made using the new Spiral Flower Die (also in the mini).  A glue gun is a must to make those flowers!
 
I made the tag using the My Digital Studio system.  At Christmas I spent about 3 HOURS making the tag ... this morning it only took half an hour - I think I'm getting the hang of it!  Can you read the tag?  It says "Happy "White Shoes and Pretty Toes" Season!! *lol*  I also made a few tags in different colors that just say "A little something for a very special someone". 
 
Although this particular shoe is my concept, it originated over a year ago when I found a similar project on www.skiptomylou.org (Cindy is her name) and on that site she gave credit for the shoe templates to Ellen Hutson's - her website is www.ellenhutson.com I give full credit for this project to Ellen and Cindy - thank you for sharing, ladies!!!
 
Rather than re-take pictures on how to put this bad boy together just click on this link and check out the tutorial I did for the witch shoe.  The only change I would make is to tell you to make SURE you use Sticky strip to adhere your shoe together.  Seriously.  Snail doesn't hold.  Use the strip!
 
Need a refresher on how to use the Spiral Flower Die?  Click here to watch the video again.
 
For the centre of the flower I just popped a small white pom pom into the flower when the hot glue was still hot.  Done!  I highly recommend you try making one of these shoes - they really are quite addicting ... and make the PERFECT Teacher / Friend / Co-worker gift.  Seriously!
 
Right!  I have my last class just after lunch so I better go walk Doodles and get cleaned up.  Pop in again soon.  Until next time - have a stampy day!
 
 
Tam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment