Friday, March 21, 2014

Lovely Petal Parade

Happy Friday!

Eek!  Let the games begin!  Party #1 tonight.  This one is the "easiest" of the three I have this weekend .. and there is wine involved so it's not REALLY going to be work *lol*.  Guests will be making a card from the Happenings Simply Created Card Kit (freakin' LOVE that kit!!!) and/or a Spring Shoe - like my Witch's Shoe and Christmas Shoe ... pop in Sunday to see THAT little beauty! 

Gotta get to it as I DO have to finish prepping for my class on Sunday.  For that class, one of the cards we are making is this one:
... only without the twine.  The guests will be beginner stampers and the cardinal rule for beginner stampers is to keep it SIMPLE!  This card was actually cased from fellow demonstrator Ruth Norton over at www.ruthsstampingcorner.blogspot.ca  The layout is hers, I just changed the colors to suit my mood the day I made it :)  It's really a very quick and easy card.  It uses two of the free Sale-a-bration sets - You're Lovely and Petal Parade.  I used Island Indigo, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz and Chocolate Chip inks and papers.  For the sentiment I stamped the sentiment on scrap whisper white with the Choclate Chip ink and then punched it out with the deco labels framelits.  I then cleaned the stamp and stamped it again in Island indigo - then punched the circle out with my 1 3/4" circle punch and adhered it to the chocolate chip piece.  For the Island Indigo pieces behind the sentiment I used the Artisan Punch x 2 and taped them to the sentiment.  The whole thing is popped up on dimensionals.  For the twine:  I stuck a mini glue dot on the card - I then looped the twine 3 times, cut it and placed it on the glue dot to hold it in place.  I THEN used a tiny piece of sticky strip to sandwich the twine between the layers so it would stay put - I then attached the sentiment and Wa-low!  Done!  I colored the flowers with my markers for a little color on the sentiment.
 
The great thing about this card is that it really does work for many occasions.  Here I used a sentiment from Yippee Skippee:
 ... and this one is the sentiment from the Blessed Easter stamp (I cut the sentiment off the stamp so I could use the tulips and sentiment separately - clever, yes?)
So there you have it!  I better fly - paper to cut!  Pop in again tomorrow to see the Technique card we made in class last week - until then - have a stampy day!
 
 
Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment