Monday, March 31, 2014

Disney Countdown

Happy Monday!

Toady's post is just a bit of fun the girls and I got up to a few weeks back.

You may recall we recently booked a trip To Disney World.  Well, the girls were rather concerned that only had about $4 each in their piggy banks.  Of course I figure we would give them each $50-$100 for spending money … but I wasn't about to let an opportunity to buy good behaviour slip past me so I told them that every day they did their chores and went to bed nicely they would get $1.00 each … so by the time we leave they could have $80 to spend,  WELL!  You have never seen such good girls in your life!  …for the first 3 days anyway *lol*

We needed a special piggy bank to hold their loot … so on Alicia's special night she made this:
It was a Christmas tin that we covered with card stock and then glued pictures we had downloaded from the internet.  This is her "Mickey Money" tin :)

Since I wasn't saving my pennies in a special tin I decided to make a countdown calendar using one of the retired SU calendars.  I simply used my 1 3/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches to make "Mickey" and wrote on it with my White Chalk Marker:
Next is what Rebecca came up with.  I found one of those clear, hollow blocks in my cupboard … my plan was to fillet with a string of mini lights and decorate it for Christmas … but that was 2 years ago and it still hasn't happened *lol*.  I gave it to Rebecca to use.  I gave her the idea of Minnie … using the retired butterfly and a 1/2" circle for the bow … and she then came up with the design for Daisy all by herself.  Love it!
… she even decorated the top:
Fun, fun, fun.  Before long these bank will be filled with coins :)

Pop in again tomorrow to see something I noticed in the shower the other day :)  Until then, have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment