Saturday, March 22, 2014

Colored Vellum and Tinted Embossing powder Technique

Happy Saturday!

Last night was SO much fun!!!  I love that my *job* involves hanging out with friends and having a lot of laughs.  I can't believe I make money doing this!!

Today's card is the Technique card we made last week:
Ta Da!  I named this technique the "Colored Vellum and Tinted Embossing Powder" Technique.  It's really almost exactly like the "Stained Glass" technique except that this one colors the Vellum on the FRONT rather than the back.

First I stamped the flowers from Flower Shop in Versamark on Vellum and covered it with white embossing powder - then I heat set the powder.  I then grabbed my markers - Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango.  I colored liberally all over the embossed flower.  I let it sit for a few minutes so the color tinted the white embossing powder and then used a dry baby wipe to buff off any excess ink.  The tinted embossing powder gives a really nice contrast to the colored flower.  I then punched the flower out with my Pansy Flower Punch.  The sentiment is from "Feels Good" in Early Espresso.  The flower centres are made with the new Petite Petals punch (in the mini) and jumbo rhinestones finish it off.  Oh ... the flowers and centres are popped up on dimensionals.  A pretty card that works for a number of occasions - just change the sentiment.  Give it a try!

K.  That's it for today.  Pop in tomorrow when I'll show you my latest PAPER SHOE project ... LUUUUUV it!!!!!!  Until then, have a stampy Saturday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment