Monday, February 17, 2014

Love You To The Moon Valentine ... at last!!

Happy Monday!!

OK ... it's 8:07 pm ... not as early as I would like, but a promise is a promise and I promised I 'd post this card today so here I am!

Ready?
 Ta da!  Not your usual pink and ready heart / girlie Valentine, is it?  Nope!  But I still really like how it turned out!  I'll be brief, since it's bedtime for the girls ...

I used Basic Black card stock as the base.  I then grabbed my Gorgeous Grunge set and my gold metallic Encore ink pad and made the starry background.  (I tried it with Illuminate ink first and it was nice and silvery/shimmery but I liked the gold better).  I punched out a circle in Smoky Slate with my 2 1/2" circle punch and used my Gorgeous Grunge stamp inked in Basic Gray to spatter the "moon".  I stamped the sentiment from Love You to the Moon in gold metallic Encore ink and punched it out with the large heart punch.  I used the small heart punch for the shiny small heart and the chevron punch for the pointy arrow thingies.  I was going to use my new Gold Foil Sheet but it was across the room and I was too lazy to get up ... so I grabbed the envelope liner that was in the "Good as Gold" free Sale-a-bration card kit (it's the same foil ... it was just closer to me *lol).  I used mini glue dots and dimensionals to put it all together.  Of course on the inside I wrote "I think you're out of this world" :)

So there you have it - my Valentine card for the kids ... at long last. 

WE all had a GREAT Valentine's day.  Aside from the Lego Movie we went to Friday night, the hi-light for the girls was that Trixie paid us a surprise visit!
That crazy elf!  I wonder if she's going to pop in at Easter too ;)
 
Speaking of popping in, make sure you pop back yourself to see what else I'm up to.  Until then, have a stampy week!
 
 
Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment