Sunday, January 19, 2014

Vivid Vases!

Happy Sunday!

No lolly-gaggin' around here today … there's crafting' to be done!!  I'm going hard and heavy on prepping samples using ALL my new toys from the new Occasions Catalogue and SAB 2014 brochure.  It's easier than I thought!  I'm about half way through the catalogues … my goal is to use EVERY stamp set, DSP, embellishment and kit I bought.  THAT will get me to use it and not hoard it! I'm also having fun planning the display board.  Really.  Who has this much fun *working*??

Today I want to share my new favourite card.  It better bask in the spotlight while it can …you know me … I'm sure to have a new favourite by the end of the day *lol*.  Here it is:
LOVE it!!!  I used three of my new toys on this card.  Can you spot them?  Yes, the stamp set is new - Vivid Vases.  I just LOVE this image!  When I first saw it it reminded me of he style of stamps that were out when I first started stamping … and I hd to have it!  As you know I LOVE colouring so this was my obvious first swipe at using it … simple colouring the flowers with my blender pen and ink.  I will play with it more when I'm not in a time crunch (yes, pressure is building as my Appreciation Night / Open House approaches …. but I promise not to get all crazy and stressed … still relaaaaaaxxxxxxed ….)

I stamped the vases with black Staz-on … a must when colouring.  You don't want the outlined images to bleed … so Staz-on it is!  I shaded the sides of the vases with my aqua painter dipped in Marina Mist ink.

The second new product is the Wonderful Watercolor DSP … and the third is the banner punch from the SAB brochure.  This little bad boy is free with a minima $60 (Canadian) purchase starting Jan 28th.  I just love the punch of Real Red in the banner and small heart (which is popped up on a dimensional). A little rhinestone on the banner and heart finish it off.  LOVE IT!!!

That's it for now … like I said, the clock is ticking' … the craft room awaits!!  Pop in again soon … I have LOTS of project to share in the coming days!  Until then …. have a stampy Sunday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment