Friday, November 8, 2013

Warm Birthday Wishes

Happy Friday!!!

Today's the day ... I'm FINALLY going to get caught up on a few things around here!  First up is to share a card from last week.  I LOVE this card for all the winter birthday's I have coming up.  We made it at my Birthday Stamp-a-Stack last weekend, again for Technique Class this week and we'll be making it at a party tomorrow night.  It's a great, versatile card as it can be used for birthdays or for Christmas ... I love double duty cards!  Here it is:
Isn't it pretty?  I was thrilled that I finally found a card where I could use the Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack papers.  I'm not gunna lie.  When I first saw this paper in the mini catalogue it didn't blow my heair back ... but that happens a lot when I see new products ... but I order them anyway and I'm usually pleasantly surprised when I get the product.  This time I wasn't.  I didn't realize that there were only two double sided patterns ... I thought it was all the same patterns as is found in the larger Winter Frost Specialty DSP.  "Oh well", I thought ... I'm sure I'll still use it and it IS nice that I get so many of the same sheets of paper - makes it a lot easier when I design for my classes and/or Stamp-a-Stacks ... I don't have to ration the DSP due to only having 2 sheets of the same pattern.  Ya - no.  I TRIED to use this DSP NUMEROUS times but just couldn't get it to work ... until now.  This DSP is PERFECT for this kind of card ... one with thin layers of "flags".  The patterns are so bold that they can easily overwhelm a card if using a large piece of it ... this type of design gives just enough *punch* without making it too busy.  Perfect!  I used Whisper White and Island Indigo cs for the base an layer.  The flags are made with two strips of the DSP and one strip of Smoky Slate cs.  The bottom two flags are 1" wide and the top flag is 3/4" wide.  and each length is slightly shorter .. I think they are 4 1/4", 3 3/4" and 3 1/2" (but don't quote me ... the card is now 2 floors below me and I don't wanna go down and get it to measure *lol*).  The sentiment is from Blooming with Kindness (page 65 of the catty - $20.95 clear; $27.95 wood).  I made a few of these cards into Christmas Cards using sentiments from More Merry Messages and they fit perfectly into the oval ... which I punched out with my Oval Framelits (page 186 - $32.95).  I used my finger daubers to ink the edge of the oval with Pool Party.  I tied some of the 1/8" silver ribbon (from the mini - $6.95) around the layers and popped the sentiment up on dimensionals.  As I used this card from my Stamp-a-Stack I ran out of the silver ribbon so I grabbed some of my free Island Indigo and Pool Party satin ribbon that I got during Sale-a-brations last year and used that - it looked awesome too!  It's hard to see in the picture above but I added a strip of 5 rhinestones to the top flag layer for a little bling.  The perfect finishing touch!

This card was a hit and is a *keeper* layout.  I'll definitely be using it again!

That's it for now - pop in again tomorrow to check out the last birthday card we made at my Stamp-a-Stack.  It's a great masculine card!  Until then - have a stampy Friday!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment